The anatomy of an AHC accumulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TN LX570

SILVER Star
Threads
For those who may find this of interest, last week I decided to dissect an old globe.

The findings were as expected with a rubber separator between the nitrogen and the AHC fluid. I was surprised at the housing thickness, 1/2” at the base. In my case there was no visible wear on the rubber. Maybe over time the wear is microscopic or with age the gas escapes through the rubber?

B91CCF28-0B24-49ED-A574-D7A0B814454D.jpeg

IMG_8496.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

IMG_8501.jpeg

This is excellent. I love these tear downs to see the inner workings and design. Thanks for taking the time!

I've always wondered if lots of suspension flexing would wear out the globes faster.
I'm not very well versed on how these hydraulic systems work because when you really flex the suspension the fluid has to go somewhere. I get the globes are acting like a shock (*I think) and the electronic valves adjust the dampening ( how fast the fluid moves between the shock and the globe, *I think).

Interesting. What does the top - part that threads into the plumbing - look like?

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Thanks so much for these photos.
So when you buy the accumulators new, the rubber is obviously strong enough and thick enough to resist the pressure of the nitrogen and not allow it to leak out. You don't want to buy old stock then..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom