2017 LX570 Accumulator Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im curious if my 2017 LX570 uses the same accumulator part numbers as the earlier 2008-14 trucks in this thread

Yes, the same. I can tell you the suspension is tuned differently on 08-15 vs 16-21. But the accumulator globes should be the same.

Can you elaborate on what you think the differences in tuning are?
A few things I have noticed:

* The comfort setting on 08-15 is softer than the 16-21. The 16-21 feel, less "squishy" in comfort mode. I prefer the 08-15 for comfort mode.
* The sport setting on the 08-15 feels slightly more aggressive than the 16-21. The difference is small, you may not even notice. The 08-15 feels like it is trying to tighten up the suspension way too much for such a large vehicle. I prefer the 16-21 "sport" feel.
* When coming to a stop from higher speeds they both lower the rear (after the rear was raised at higher speeds). The 08-15 drops quicker and is more noticeable. The 16-21 lowers also but it's more gradual and not as noticeable. 16-21 wins here.

There might be other differences. Those are the ones I notice.

A few things I have noticed:

* The comfort setting on 08-15 is softer than the 16-21. The 16-21 feel, less "squishy" in comfort mode. I prefer the 08-15 for comfort mode.
* The sport setting on the 08-15 feels slightly more aggressive than the 16-21. The difference is small, you may not even notice. The 08-15 feels like it is trying to tighten up the suspension way too much for such a large vehicle. I prefer the 16-21 "sport" feel.
* When coming to a stop from higher speeds they both lower the rear (after the rear was raised at higher speeds). The 08-15 drops quicker and is more noticeable. The 16-21 lowers also but it's more gradual and not as noticeable. 16-21 wins here.

There might be other differences. Those are the ones I notice.

Thank you! Glad I don't need to trade, since I was promised a divorce if I did.

Big fan of "Comfort mode."

The adjustable damping is great. Definitely a fan of comfort mode as it just eats the miles on the highway.

Also big fan of Sport Mode. In fast off-road running, baja style, it does great to keep wheel travel under control.
And not to be unacknowledged, the secondary high spring rate mode on the front axle does wonders. It's pretty unique in the car world. You can see how active it is with the dashboard @lx200inAR built here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom