Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Uhhhhh, my builds are my source of income.

I know what you mean though about the people who make a living on the road.

Cheers

You and your builds are one of the reasons I joined this forum after lurking for quite a bit. Truly a great resource for me as I learn about Land Cruisers.

The hard work in both building and documenting certainly show.

I know I would be proud to have you work on a cruiser I owned.

One day, if you ever have the resources it would be cool to see a video series on a build of yours. I believe you would stand out from the crowd, as you do so much of the work yourself.

Porsche Chalk is a really cool color.....maybe a little too grey though. Black accents on this color would be amazing.

https---s3.amazonaws.com-the-drive-staging-message-editor%2F1548156078204-992_exterior_hero.jpg

ASPW's first Troopy color is very tempting too.

I believe that's 6H9, an original Troopy color. Agreed with those who say you don't want to look too "military" in some places. Might garner unwanted attention.

the last one

Yeah....Neon pink. Tony strikes me as a neon pink kind of guy. lol.... :rofl: :rofl:

It's funny someone should bring up those neon pink Troopies, though. They were from a rental place (I think) near Harvey Bay/Fraser Island. I actually ran across a few parts that had been salvaged from them when I was in Australia the last time.

Oh, and...

If you have a ppg code for cadet blue please post it.

Sorry, no idea. I'd just Google it or try over in the 40 forum.

I believe that's 6H9, an original Troopy color. Agreed with those who say you don't want to look too "military" in some places. Might garner unwanted attention.

Which is interesting since I had some AFCENT patches in my 200 Series (on the rear drawers) when I drove through Baja. At one military checkpoint the guy saw it, asked if I was military and let me go without a search. Then proceeded to search and scheme some gear off another guy in the group. That said, I'm sure in some place like The DRC or Pakistan a few US military patches won't help.

Yeah....Neon pink. Tony strikes me as a neon pink kind of guy. lol.... :rofl: :rofl:

It's funny someone should bring up those neon pink Troopies, though. They were from a rental place (I think) near Harvey Bay/Fraser Island. I actually ran across a few parts that had been salvaged from them when I was in Australia the last time.

Oh, and...

Sorry, no idea. I'd just Google it or try over in the 40 forum.
Tried both,no luck.

Which is interesting since I had some AFCENT patches in my 200 Series (on the rear drawers) when I drove through Baja. At one military checkpoint the guy saw it, asked if I was military and let me go without a search. Then proceeded to search and scheme some gear off another guy in the group. That said, I'm sure in some place like The DRC or Pakistan a few US military patches won't help.
That's awesome, but yeah that won't fly in Pakistan. I think white would be the most practical, but personally cannot ever own a white vehicle again. Growing up in Africa white was the only option for any vehicle besides a car. But blending in is probably a good idea for your future

White cruisers of every series abound in Africa. It’s like Mr T pulled a page out of Henry Ford’s early playbook. You can have any color you want, as long as it’s white!

Then again, being an AZ native and living in southern Angola, I really appreciate the reflective nature of radiant heat that white does. The 70 series cruiser has such a poor A/C system, that when driving in 100+ temps, any rear seated passengers will get hot quick. Window tinting helps loads, but choosing a color that reflects the heat is very important too.

I have used NYPD T-shirts at border crossing and check points. It’s worked great for for a hassle free experience. ;)

Cheers

You and your builds are one of the reasons I joined this forum after lurking for quite a bit. Truly a great resource for me as I learn about Land Cruisers.

The hard work in both building and documenting certainly show.

I know I would be proud to have you work on a cruiser I owned.

One day, if you ever have the resources it would be cool to see a video series on a build of yours. I believe you would stand out from the crowd, as you do so much of the work yourself.

Thank you, that is an amazing compliment.

We have room in the shop for another build. ;)

Cheers

There are many places they won’t help and many places they will help. Prudence is key but I feel I’m preaching to the choir.

Chassis side of the build, front 3rd member all set up and rebuilt, calipers painted with high temp, hardware organized and ready to go and 105 steering box test fitted and ready to mount up.

EA1AB847-AC89-4DF9-AF24-898BE899540F.jpeg
AB7891EE-6DEC-4071-9965-57D198744286.jpeg
D36B2B9B-3D93-4B1D-B66D-8BF9325BB066.jpeg
9DA16EFA-2E3C-4B3A-8289-F2B3559C8F1B.jpeg

We are waiting on some hardware, 105 spindles and if you noticed in earlier pics we had x2 front long side axles. So we are waiting to get the right shafts from Nitro on that. Everything has been ordered so soon more assembly. Oh ya knuckles and steering arms are in, will post pics of that as we assemble the rest of the front axle.

Cheers

There are many places they won’t help and many places they will help. Prudence is key but I feel I’m preaching to the choir.

Yup, just like the NYPD tshirts, great when you are dealing with cops or officials but wouldn’t want to be wearing one in cartel land.

Cheers

Porsche Chalk is a really cool color.....maybe a little too grey though. Black accents on this color would be amazing.

View attachment 2189210

Hmm. I looked up a few more pics of Porsche Chalk. I really dig it. Could be a nice compromise between being a subdued color while not being just another "boring white troopy".

With this pretty much finished...

View attachment 2190042

Moving on to the next spot.

Cheers
Looks great. Hopefully be following along soon with the same fixes. Looking forward to seeing how you install those floor pans.

Hmm. I looked up a few more pics of Porsche Chalk. I really dig it. Could be a nice compromise between being a subdued color while not being just another "boring white troopy".

Chalk would seem right at home on a Troopy.....kind of the perfect color. Ford offered a very similar color back in the late 80s....I was absolutely mesmerized by it as a 16 year old who was obsessed with Mustangs. Ford Light Grey. I was 100% going this color on my build but I backed out. Not sure why. Maybe I secretly have always yearned for a Subaru.....or at least a Subaru color on a car.

Bet you never thought a late 80s Mustang pic or two would be in your build thread :)

1989-ford-mustang-gt-convertible-rare-1k-paint-light-grey-aka-dove-gray-1.JPG
s-l1600-13.jpg

Always been a fan of light non metallic greys like that.

Man of Chile grey was one of the first colors I fell in love with, its such a subdued color for a 911 and I will use it for a vehicle one day. A lot more beige in it than Fashion or Chalk grey

Even the mention of "chalk" brings back bad memories of grade school where I spent countless hours writing "I am sorry" on the chalkboard.
:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom