Builds The 60 known as Mamabear: a tale of rust and good times. (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not saying the Dobbies don’t break in or sag too. I just like the ride better 😎

Does that make me the Chevy guy of FJ60 suspension??

Ford

Maybe the dobinsons isn't for me. The worst years of my life were spent in a Ford.

I was going to say Kia :lol:
Dobinsons is now the Kia of Land Cruisers??? We're in the deep end of the pool now, and y'all are peeing in it!

Dobinsons is now the Kia of Land Cruisers??? We're in the deep end of the pool now, and y'all are peeing in it!

Hardly. I'm just saying comparing Dobinsons and OME are like having a Chevy vs Ford debate around the campfire, nether are Toyota. We see similar warranty rates, lean/rake and shock failure issues between the two. All super minor but less than Toyota parts fwiw.

Thanks. I want to let people know it’s not serious to drive one daily and you eventually get to a place of zen if you follow the FSM.

Planning and patience. That’s all.

I would not hesitate to drive this anywhere.

Thanks. I want to let people know it’s not serious to drive one daily and you eventually get to a place of zen if you follow the FSM.

I’m in the same boat. 8 months of daily driving with same lift, 5 speed and a 270k mile tired 2F. Almost 8000 miles in the last year.

Looking good.

Last week I did ca. 1100 mile round trip from AL-LA-AL and will do something similar but with more miles next week. My odo rolled over 490xxx last trip and by the end of summer it'll be >500,xxx. Land Cruisers were built to be driven.

Last week I did ca. 1100 mile round trip from AL-LA-AL and will do something similar but with more miles next week. My odo rolled over 490xxx last trip and by the end of summer it'll be >500,xxx. Land Cruisers were built to be driven.
We're kindred spirits. I view my 60 as a tool, not a collectible.

I've taken it on serious field jobs cross country to inspect things that are literally out of this world (NDA, sorry) and I would do it again.

We're kindred spirits. I view my 60 as a tool, not a collectible.

I've taken it on serious field jobs cross country to inspect things that are literally out of this world (NDA, sorry) and I would do it again.
you can count me in on the tool, not collectible part. all my trucks have been form follows function. not about to change that 😤

Got the beef thanks to @cruiseroutfit

Ordered Monday, in hand Friday. Love it. Install will be this afternoon

IMG_3236.jpeg

It mostly leveled it. I’ve got a tiny bit of rake but if I put about 250 lbs it would be even. Perfect. I’m very happy

5B580F71-4A99-47B9-9AB8-076E8784E840.jpeg

AC9B54A1-47BD-457C-A79B-E6510262C12A.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

I also did oem belts. My last set was from 2018 and I had out 50,000 miles on them. I had a random intermittent chirp from a belt delaminating.

It’s dead quiet now.

IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3272.jpeg

IMG_3280.jpeg

IMG_3293.jpeg

IMG_3304.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom