The 4WheelUnderground 3 link thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That video does a decent job showing the body roll. Definitely more than a lifted 80 with a stock suspension. The real kicker is the left turns at speed. With the panhard mounted on the frame on the driver side, it causes the body to lift way more than on right turns. Watch at 2:15 on that video and compare it to the right turns and you'll see what I mean. This can make u-turns sketchy if you don't plan for it.

I've been driving a 3-linked 80 for over three years and almost 20,000 miles. It's my DD. My wife drives it. My kids ride in it. No one has died. No bus full of nuns and kittens has exploded into flames. It drives differently than a stock 80, so I drive it differently.

This kit looks great for those who don't want to engineer/build all the small parts. Looking great, Jose.

Thanks. I don't mind your sarcasm or your humor. But some of what you say is downright poo slinging. That I can do without. I used to talk a lot of **** with my friends. Hell man growing up that was how we rolled, almost 24/7. I can talk **** with the best of them but I grew out of it and nowadays, do not even enjoy flicking friends **** around the campfire. It doesn't do a thing for me even if that makes me anal retentive and in need of a chill pill. Making people laugh is one thing, being a douche is another.

Back to the 3-link. High pinion make it an issue to run the panhard behind the axle? Only guys interested in the 3-link are guys who don't DD their truck or do long distances on pavement? I ask because the few nicely set up 3-links on 80's I have seen, when I ask how they do on pavement I always get the same reply. Which is, don't care, did it for off-road, ect ect.

Well, I care. While I may not need to run my 80 over 4ft rocks I sure wouldn't mind a better flexing front end, needs and wants though. Since I might drive (highly likely actually) my truck 5,000 miles south to Panama road manners are more important to me than how much it flexes at 2mph. Parts and ease of getting those is also a concern, not like I couldn't carry a few rod end rebuild kits though. Seems like Jose doesn't care so much about road manners due to how he uses his truck. Kinda of the same as all the other 3-link threads I have been through. Sure would like to see one that addresses road manners and issues. Not really feeling the need enough myself for lot's of articulation and don't care to be the guinea pig on that one! Ok stiffer coils, keep changing spring rates until it is how you like it. Sounds great but what are fairly stiff springs going to do to it offroad? Negate any of the benifits of the 3-link in the first place? So hows about it Booger, you DD your 80 right? How is it on the pavement? Would you want to drive it for 10hrs a day for 10 days straight on sketchy narrow paved roads? I am certainly interested in and after the best of all worlds but if it is even halfway sucky on the pavement I don't want it in my 80. Rather have limited flex. I get the 80 in stock configuration is all out of whack on the calculator but I judge it by how it goes down the road. Mine is not there yet but it is getting there. C&T with caster set to 4* certainly cured 50% or more of the issues I had with how the truck drove and handled. If you look at the other 3-link thread the Aussie dude posted a video of his truck with 5" lift, flipped radius arms braking and maneuvering at decent speed. That's good for me and what I need, if I can get it to flex nicely and perform the same on pavement as in that video, hell ya I am all for it. Just not convinced yet a 3-link will do that.

I got a 3-link in my 83 Patrol. Can't even say much about it down the road though as it has 40" rubber, full hydro, soft c/o's ect ect ect. It is just like driving a backhoe on the pavement except it has a lot more body roll. I have seen and experienced 3-links with issues of bucking and unloading. A lot of effort to go through a 3-link only to have these kinds of issues to further work out. Also limited in what you can do on an 80 so it is not like a buggy where you can get the separation as big as you want, ect ect ect.

I am thinking of a new front housing, RS and 9.5". However, I am still not sold on a 3-link and might just put the radius arm junk back in. Reason being, it works good enough for 90+% of the wheeling I do. And down the HWY with caster right and good springs/shocks plus dialed in steering it is just fine, better than fine actually. Great rock crawling within 100 -150 miles of me. Those trails though smash up my rock crawler, no way I will ever take my 80 in there even if it flexes a lot. Now the occasional 3-4ft ledge or obstacle, ya that is stuff I will encounter in my 80 so ya 3-link sounds great but only if it handles as good as the suspension does now on the pavement, if not better.

Cheers

I think you missed the point of what I do. This isn't some slap on 3link that's out for flex numbers. Mad crazy flex is over rated. (Yes quote me on that) I would consider 4WU the first of it's kind, in this industry. I don't design product with the minimalist of materials to keep cost down just so you buy it. I build according to the numbers and the years of experience I have with these kinds of systems/people that have the same needs and wants as you and most of the people on this forum. I want good road manners and I want it to be better than leaf springs or the radius arms. Nukegoat explained it very well so I don't feel the need to comment other than to agree. A 3Link is different, yes. Has more body roll, yes. But doesn't have the scary twitchy body roll that you are thinking of. Its a slow moving body roll that doesn't make your butt pucker. Its a lean that is predictable because of the suspension location points and the tune of the shocks. If one were to add a sway bar you'd see an additional improvement to already improved road manners which include a better/more compliant ride. Zero unloading of suspension on trails or the street despite what you've been told from random other people, because we all know random people know everything about suspension because they saw some one do it on the internet one time. And yes Booger is correct in what he tells you. It isn't that 3links are evil its that some people don't know how to build them. Im not here to change your mind but I am here to make sure you understand the difference between suspension done the right way and suspension done the wrong way. And don't under estimate the value of shocks. They are far more important then you think.

Last edited:
I think you missed the point of what I do. This isn't some slap on 3link that's out for flex numbers. Mad crazy flex is over rated. (Yes quote me on that) I would consider 4WU the first of it's kind, in this industry. I don't design product with the minimalist of materials to keep cost down just so you buy it. I build according to the numbers and the years of experience I have with these kinds of systems/people that have the same needs and wants as you and most of the people on this forum. I want good road manners and I want it to be better than leaf springs or the radius arms. Nukegoat explained it very well so I don't feel the need to comment other than to agree. A 3Link is different, yes. Has more body roll, yes. But doesn't have the scary twitchy body roll that you are thinking of. Its a slow moving body roll that doesn't make your butt pucker. Its a lean that is predictable because of the suspension location points and the tune of the shocks. If one were to add a sway bar you'd see an additional improvement to already improved road manners which include a better/more compliant ride. Zero unloading of suspension on trails or the street despite what you've been told from random other people, because we all know random people know everything about suspension because they saw some one do it on the internet one time. And yes Booger is correct in what he tells you. It isn't that 3links are evil its that some people don't know how to build them. Im not here to change your mind but I am here to make sure you understand the difference between suspension done the right way and suspension done the wrong way. And don't under estimate the value of shocks. They are far more important then you think.

Thanks for your post and info. I do not doubt what you do or your kits. In fact I think it is a nice kit. It is not about what somebody told me on the internet, like I said I got a 3-link. In my rock crawler that gets trailered to the trails. For that it works great, no complaints. And yes I have experienced unloading in a 3-link. Perhaps that is issues with how the 3-link was set up, I am certainly no expert. I am well aware it can be tuned many times over and I am well versed in shocks.

Not terribly impressed with the video because he is driving in a residential neighborhood at what 30mph max? Where I am concerned is at 50-80mph, in traffic or out on the open road. That SoCal traffic, what if I got to make an emergency maneuver? Back roads at night, what is it going to do if I have a deer jump out in front of me and I have to react fast? That HWY in Baja, what is it going to do if that semi is 2ft over in my lane when I come around a corner and I got less than 6" between me and a 1,000ft cliff? This is what I care about concerning the 3link and how it will perform on pavement. I would be really stoked if somebody with a 3link in an 80 took the time to do a video like the Aussie did. High speed braking and maneuvers, like you will see in day to day driving on the pavement. Not a lap around the neighborhood.

I value my life and while I think your kits are great, glad you make them, not so sure I am willing to put my life in your hands and your kit. If you have driven the s*** I have driven on the pavement you might understand that statement more. Like I said, I am all for some more flex in the front end, I sure wouldn't mind better high speed performance in the dirt too. Not willing to take a chance with my life and it is a fair amount of work, money and time to set it all up with your kit. If I went that route and I don't like it, what then?

Cheers

Thanks for your post and info. I do not doubt what you do or your kits. In fact I think it is a nice kit. It is not about what somebody told me on the internet, like I said I got a 3-link. In my rock crawler that gets trailered to the trails. For that it works great, no complaints. And yes I have experienced unloading in a 3-link. Perhaps that is issues with how the 3-link was set up, I am certainly no expert. I am well aware it can be tuned many times over and I am well versed in shocks.

Not terribly impressed with the video because he is driving in a residential neighborhood at what 30mph max? Where I am concerned is at 50-80mph, in traffic or out on the open road. That SoCal traffic, what if I got to make an emergency maneuver? Back roads at night, what is it going to do if I have a deer jump out in front of me and I have to react fast? That HWY in Baja, what is it going to do if that semi is 2ft over in my lane when I come around a corner and I got less than 6" between me and a 1,000ft cliff? This is what I care about concerning the 3link and how it will perform on pavement. I would be really stoked if somebody with a 3link in an 80 took the time to do a video like the Aussie did. High speed braking and maneuvers, like you will see in day to day driving on the pavement. Not a lap around the neighborhood.

I value my life and while I think your kits are great, glad you make them, not so sure I am willing to put my life in your hands and your kit. If you have driven the **** I have driven on the pavement you might understand that statement more. Like I said, I am all for some more flex in the front end, I sure wouldn't mind better high speed performance in the dirt too. Not willing to take a chance with my life and it is a fair amount of work, money and time to set it all up with your kit. If I went that route and I don't like it, what then?

Cheers

Not intended to pick a fight, but come on let's be a tad more reasonable.

Way to many "what If's" in your whole statement above...

What if I don't like it? Really? What if you don't like a Slee or OME or anything aftermarket? Don't buy it, don't "risk it", that's your choice!

That's like saying if I buy this faucet and the water is too hot...

What happened to folks taking responsibility for themselves in our society? Seriously... Do the homework, make a conscious decision and move forward and own your decision.

If it doesn't drive as you feel it should don't drive it on the street like your trailer rig... That simple. Drive within your comfort zone.

It sounds like this is outside that zone. And that's fine, wheel the heck out of your crawler!

This dude has way more R&D then half the driveway fab "pre runners" racing around SoCal. How you install and set it up is up to you. If it rides like junk... Fix it. Figure it out.

We aren't building 911's here last time I checked. This product has a specific purpose and I don't think it's high speed street or desert racing. (Correct me if I'm wrong) If your outside its intended use, buyer beware.

Off Rant.

not so sure I am willing to put my life in your hands

Then don't.

Simple as that. And I mean that in a respectful manner. To be honest I'm not sure why you're still commenting. Your mind was obviously made up a long time ago. There's nothing anybody can say that will convince you otherwise. If you want IIHS crash test ratings and 100% money back guarantees you're in the wrong thread bud.

Not intended to pick a fight, but come on let's be a tad more reasonable.

Way to many "what If's" in your whole statement above...

What if I don't like it? Really? What if you don't like a Slee or OME or anything aftermarket? Don't buy it, don't "risk it", that's your choice!

Already way passed "bolt ons" on my truck. The difference you are talking about there is a coil spring is easy to change and relatively cheap. Completely re-working a 3link is not. I could have easily answered my own question there, with this, possibly means a whole bunch more work and $$$ if I don't like it. Figured most people could fill in the blanks there, not intending to set you off on a rant! :)

What happened to folks taking responsibility for themselves in our society? Seriously... Do the homework, make a conscious decision and move forward and own your decision.

WTF does this have to do with any of it? Obviously you know zero about me or my Cruiser.

We aren't building 911's here last time I checked. This product has a specific purpose and I don't think it's high speed street or desert racing. (Correct me if I'm wrong) If your outside its intended use, buyer beware.

Off Rant.

Fair enough. Let's hear that from 4WU. And let's make it real clear, this 3link set up Jose is using is designed for offroad use only. Correct?

Then don't.

Simple as that. And I mean that in a respectful manner. To be honest I'm not sure why you're still commenting. Your mind was obviously made up a long time ago. There's nothing anybody can say that will convince you otherwise. If you want IIHS crash test ratings and 100% money back guarantees you're in the wrong thread bud.

My mind is not made up in the slightest. Don't make assumptions bro, especially on the internet. 9.99x out of ten you will be wrong. I am not trying to poo up your thread in the slightest, seems like I am asking legit questions, at least to/for me. Yes I comment on Boogers poo flinging, got to, it is kind of BS. Yes I am countering the "3link is a do-all, best you can do to your 80" threads and comments. Reason; it is not a do-all and best I can do to my 80, at least not proven yet. While I am not kissing arse, saying awesome Jose in every post I am discussing the topic at hand, no? This is a discussion forum right? And believe it or not I think it is awesome you have taken this on, with your very limited fab skills and I also think you are doing a great job. Just cause I am not saying awesome (!) every post doesn't mean I don't like your work or ideas.

C&T'ed my front end, never done it before. Nailed it first try. Zero test time, drove it to Baja and back. So obviously I am not looking for crash test with money back guarantees. How much you got in this 3link? Chunk of change no? You get done with it and it performs sketchy at 75mph no big deal to you as you mostly just use your 80 for trails. I do the same and it is back to square one. Hence my posts/comments.

Cheers

Fair enough. Let's hear that from 4WU. And let's make it real clear, this 3link set up Jose is using is designed for offroad use only. Correct?
Cheers

No sir, Im not here to provide pretty brackets and nice welds so you latter complain about road manners. I've learned how suspension works via 5 years of my own trial and error before I got really close to perfect and then befriended a vehicle dynamics engineer who was formally educated in the field and use him as a resource for all things Ive not already learned from previous discussions or on my own. My first attempts at linking my own vehicle bck in 06' were pathetic at best and through huge amounts of effort made it a road worth vehicle that I could drive to the trials and down the free ways all while keeping up with traffic and panic stop situations. I, like many here didnt have a tow vehicle and if I couldn't drive it on the freeway that meant I wasn't going any where other than the Star Bucks parking lot. Don't get me wrong it flexed like a champ. But that flex did nothing for its stability on the rocks or freeways until the link geometry that controlled the vehicle was put in it place.

The whole reason I started this company was to give people the best of both worlds. Drive-ability and off road performance. I know many of us have had it beaten into our heads that those two things don't exist but that was because we as a combined group were uneducated and we followed the monkey see monkey do method of thought and build. Well that was ten years ago for the mini truck crowd in terms of suspension, this is a whole new decade later. I've see whats possible, I've built it and wheeled it and driven it in the middle of the night 8 hours away from home. This kit will have more body lean than your radius arm design with its crazy stiff spring but it will still handle better and be far more pleasant to drive on the streets then a six lift with the stock design. Both Justin and Bobby owned the same truck with this same set up on it. Maybe they will chime in.

Thanks

Last edited:
WTF does this have to do with any of it? Obviously you know zero about me or my Cruiser.

C&T'ed my front end, never done it before. Nailed it first try. Zero test time, drove it to Baja and back. So obviously I am not looking for crash test with money back guarantees. How much you got in this 3link? Chunk of change no? You get done with it and it performs sketchy at 75mph no big deal to you as you mostly just use your 80 for trails. I do the same and it is back to square one. Hence my posts/comments.

Cheers

I'll tell you what it has to do with it. "You asked what if" yes? What if I don't like it? What if a zombie runs out while in Baja... What if a squirrel takes a dump on my left tire throwing the geometry off while traveling 80mph with a cross breeze...

Basically... You asked. I responded.

You know nothing about me, and I know nothing about you. That's fair. But I'm going off what YOU posted.

Your not asking reasonable questions.

You say your past "bolt on's". But your attitude leaves me questioning if that's good... If your past bolt on's I don't know why your asking these questions...

Did you build your own rig? Once you go beyond "bolt on's" you've ventured into a world or specific intent... Yes or No?

So asking for it "All" from a non "Bolt On" is unrealistic. It does what it's intended to do well.

You want to run triple bypass and projects in Bajia, different build.

You want to run 80mph down the 405... Different build.

You want to flex like crazy at Starbucks... Different build.

You want all the above... Build it yourself, break it. Build it again, and refine it till it fits your needs...

How is a manufacturer going to know how you want it? He supply's an awesome product for its intended use. You make something out of that.

This is the same mentality in the early 2000's who said I couldn't run 37's...

I'm done. I'm going back into hibernation...

(Ron Burgandy voice) well that escalated quickly

Honest opinion from someone who owns a rig, set up by the previous owner, and has wheeled and driven it approx 6k miles since buying...(not my DD so that's all trail/weekend cruise miles)

The truck does have a noticeable body roll like stated before. Is it some terrifying death lean? Absolutely not. Do I feel confident In making an emergency maneuver? Absolutely yes. That is with my current setup being the kit spec'd out by Brian (spring rates etc), stock geometry rear with 4" Slee springs, blown out OME's and no rear sway bar. With out a doubt, most of the body lean is because the rear is also removed. But I'm used to driving it like this, just like my previous FJC setup with long travel and no sway bars. Same predictable body roll. I'd attribute more of the negative handling (braking!) to having larger tires and added weight from armor. Like said before, not built like a sportscar, not driven like one either. I give plenty of room for braking and have a much more defensive driving mentality than if I was driving my daily 2wd Chevy pickup.
So where have I wheeled it? Well, the usual Socal stomping grounds on moderate rocky trails in Big bear to the Hammers in Johnson Valley. I've taken it to Anza to blast washes with my little VW buddies and followed along with sand rails in Glamis. And not once have I put it on a trailer, due to breakage or not feeling confident in my truck or its road worthiness. I enjoy the ride out and back each time. The articulation on the rocks makes light years of a difference when with other 80's or leaf-sprung mini's. Having dual rate Coilovers and air bumps cushioning the ride over sand chop and moderate whoops is an all out blast.
Everything about this kit is to make the truck perform better offroad. And somehow it still drives well on the road.
I stumbled upon this rig while searching for a dedicated wheeler to replace my FJC. I had wanted to swap that out, but $$$ always ruins the fun. This rig has given me everything I wanted from my FJC at the cost of a set of axles. I'm happy with the whole setup up front. I am trying to be patient and see what kind of kit is brought to the market for the rear.

While I am not kissing arse, saying awesome Jose in every post I am discussing the topic at hand, no? This is a discussion forum right? And believe it or not I think it is awesome you have taken this on, with your very limited fab skills and I also think you are doing a great job. Just cause I am not saying awesome (!) every post doesn't mean I don't like your work or ideas.

This has nothing to do with my limited fab skills or my build. Not sure why you would even mention that. What I'm trying to get at, I believe you're being unreasonable and unrealistic.

Serious question, what can Brian or anyone else say to convince you otherwise? Probably nothing right? Aside from buying a plane ticket to socal and buying Bobby lunch in exchange for him letting you drive his truck to get a first-hand feel, how can internet forum banter make you feel safe on the freeway at 80mph? People can tell you all day long their truck handles fine but you'll never believe it unless you experience it for yourself. That means there's only one thing left to do. Bring your flip flops, I hear socal is nice this time of year.

Obviously you know zero about me or my Cruiser.

I know you're from Jackson and thats enough.

Only poo slinging I'm seeing around here is you. People generally like Boogerz posts, not sure how you don't realize that your posts are far less appreciated.

Cheers

Mines daily driven, about 6000 miles now(my work commute is only 13, so most of that is traveling on the freeway, etc). Much of that is on some of the sketchiest highways in CA. My youngest lives in santacruz during the week (anyone enjoy/experience driving their 5" lifted 80 in traffic on CAhwy17?) which is 125 miles away. I have him almost every weekend.

My radius arms WERE not removed to provide 'Flex' and offroad worthiness(a biproduct). They're gone because they create so many handling issues and make driving anywhere annoying/unsafe(IMO).

Most people on this forum cringe at removing the rearmost crossmember to put on an infinitely stronger rear bumper. I don't expect those people to adopt any of 'our' 3 link talk, even if backed with spread sheets and geometry figures specific to the improvements.

A bazillion mud members watch Jose' thread(s). Once he's finished and gives his impressions I'm sure the jury will settle on a final verdict while assembled at Starbucks bench wheeling in formation, patting eachother on the back for that ARB bumper install over the weekend and upcoming 285/75 tire purchase the wife finally approved:flipoff2:

FWIW, I'm drinking a venti java hip frapachino while typing.

My radius arms WERE not removed to provide 'Flex' and offroad worthiness(a biproduct). They're gone because they create so many handling issues and make driving anywhere annoying/unsafe(IMO).

At this point and time how has anyone missed this point. Lifted Radius arms are horrible for everything!

At this point and time how has anyone missed this point. Factory lifted Radius arms are horrible for everything!
Fixed that for you.
I've seen some absolutely amazing radius arm setups, but people who would complain about your 3 link cost would implode if faced with the cost of doing a proper radius arm install.
This is an amazing setup and I'm happy to see Jose running ahead with the install. For his uses of his truck, this is perfect.

No sir, Im not here to provide pretty brackets and nice welds so you latter complain about road manners. *snip*

The whole reason I started this company was to give people the best of both worlds. Drive-ability and off road performance. I know many of us have had it beaten into our heads that those two things don't exist but that was because we as a combined group were uneducated and we followed the monkey see monkey do method of thought and build. Well that was ten years ago for the mini truck crowd in terms of suspension, this is a whole new decade later. I've see whats possible, I've built it and wheeled it and driven it in the middle of the night 8 hours away from home. This kit will have more body lean than your radius arm design with its crazy stiff spring but it will still handle better and be far more pleasant to drive on the streets then a six lift with the stock design. Both Justin and Bobby owned the same truck with this same set up on it. Maybe they will chime in.

Thanks

Cool, thanks for the background info. Hadn't heard this before from you. You have sparked my interest a bit more.

This has nothing to do with my limited fab skills or my build. Not sure why you would even mention that. What I'm trying to get at, I believe you're being unreasonable and unrealistic.

I mentioned it because it seemed you thought I was only here to poo in your thread which is not the case. Fair enough at being unrealistic and unreasonable. I want the best of both worlds, if I can't get it I am not modifying the suspension on my 80. I just flexed the crap out of my 80 yesterday, yup radius arms bind like a mofo, maybe 6-7" of travel at most. But it still drove over 4-6ft tall mounds of dirt which 40-50* side slopes and 2ft deep holes peppered throughout. So as far as improving offroad performance it comes 2nd to me, thought that would be obvious by now.

Serious question, what can Brian or anyone else say to convince you otherwise? Probably nothing right? Aside from buying a plane ticket to socal and buying Bobby lunch in exchange for him letting you drive his truck to get a first-hand feel, how can internet forum banter make you feel safe on the freeway at 80mph? People can tell you all day long their truck handles fine but you'll never believe it unless you experience it for yourself. That means there's only one thing left to do. Bring your flip flops, I hear socal is nice this time of year.

That would certainly clear it up real fast! :) However, more feedback like 4WU gave above tips the scale your way with me for sure. See I am thinking of upgrading my axles, mentioned it early in the thread. Obviously that is the best time to deal with suspension if I am going to. Full set of links, JJ and all the brackets and tabs in the shop right now ready to go if I pull the trigger. I could literally be cutting and fabbing just a few hours from now and a few beers later be well into it. Just another reason suspension is rolling around in my head.

Take this example. I was contemplating Monstaliner over LineX. After feedback here on Mud I went Monstaliner. Not happy with it at all. And it is not just me because a buddy has Monstaliner too and his is flaking and chipping and coming off and looks like ass. So now I am a bit more hesitant to listen to and take advice from the forum and instead revert back to my old ways of over thinking things 10x over in order to be happy in the end and not have to re-do s***. Who actually likes having to re-do things? Ever buy a truck and have to defxxxifyit? That is joy let me tell you.

Mines daily driven, about 6000 miles now(my work commute is only 13, so most of that is traveling on the freeway, etc). Much of that is on some of the sketchiest highways in CA. My youngest lives in santacruz during the week (anyone enjoy/experience driving their 5" lifted 80 in traffic on CAhwy17?) which is 125 miles away. I have him almost every weekend.

*snip*

FWIW, I'm drinking a venti java hip frapachino while typing.

Great! Good info and feedback for a person concerned with road manners. Still unsure why so many people are saying stock handles like crap. I just drove the Snake River Canyon yesterday, windy road through the rocky mountains. Two fingering it the whole way and it handled great even with 10yr old worn out coils. I am going and basing my perspective on my real world experiences. Not what is said on the internet, if I was going by that alone I would have already bought the 4WU kit.

I don't think anything I have said or asked is unreasonable. I don't think if doing a 3-link being concerned with road manners is unreasonable. If something works ok I tend to try and leave it alone and not fix it, IE 80 suspension. I hate doing things multiple times over again. However, if something can be improved upon and I can nail it first try, I am usually up for that. Which is why I haven't tossed the idea of a 3-link entirely into the wind. Not saying the radius arm is perfect in any way shape or form but it does work and it is engineered well for what it is.

Cheers

Would like to 3 link my 80 too but am a little hesitant. Most 3-linked 80s on here ends up in the classified section or are never heard from again.

[QUOTE="RMP&O, post: ]I hate doing things multiple times over again. However, if something can be improved upon and I can n

Cheers[/QUOTE]
image.jpg

You sure about that? :flipoff2:

Would like to 3 link my 80 too but am a little hesitant. Most 3-linked 80s on here ends up in the classified section or are never heard from again.

Anyone can build a 3 link that doesn't work, get frustrated and abandon the project. There's a history of that on this forum, all the way back to the pioneering folks like 'action Jackson' who blindly threw control arms on the front of an 80 and posted flex pics for the ignorant audience to drool over. Not to discredit him, I've done the same, as has Brian Osbourne. The difference is the learning curve is exponential from making mistakes and improving from that scenario. Selling a failed effort isn't improving. Cutting things off and redoing/resolving them is.

Holding previous efforts on 3 link suspension as precedent to today's endeavors is asinine. No indifferent than not buying an iphone6 because your blackberry sucked ten years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom