Fusible link help urgent 🙏 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The smaller black wire from the fusible link block melts when I connect power during a jump start. In the picture it is the wire that was soldered together. What are my next steps and parts required?
Also what does the soldered wire go to that may be compromised?

In the second image is a red wire(I think it was originally black) without this wire car will not run. Any idea what it’s for?

As @jonheld said, you are best to go back to stock and work from there. IMO the current setup is just asking for a fire as it bypasses Toyota designed safety measures. Here is a picture of the part that should be there.

I always keep an extra in my glove box as well since they are prone to go out at inconvenient times.

View attachment 3544956
When is it a convenient time?

Another thing to note is that fusible links are not "just wire". They are specifically designed to be inline, flameproof fuses. As noted on the drawing I posted earlier, there are 3 in the bundle that connect to the positive battery terminal.
PINK=30 amps
BLACK=80 amps
BLUE=100 amps
Instead of buying 2 fusible links and the cover, couldn't I just use this with the correct amp fuses? 3 inputs to 1 output to the battery (+) terminal. It would be easier to just replace/carry mini ANL fuses.
Littelfuse 04980933ZXT.png

Last edited:
Instead of buying 2 fusible links and the cover, couldn't I just use this with the correct amp fuses? 3 inputs to 1 output to the battery (+) terminal. It would be easier to just replace/carry mini ANL fuses.
Several folks have done something similar using a variety of products. I'm sure it will work fine. It's your truck so do what you want. Just be aware of the fuse ratings.

hi , :)

- general Tech question here on the below 2 photos ....

- is the
2nd photo of you with the black gloved hand ?

- is the Truck in your tech photo a Gasoline / Petrol engine or a DIESEL ?

- where are both ends of the
90982-08264 's Grey Nylon Factory Connector Female Plug , and also the harness side male on it connects with at
that are shown in my
1st TECH photo below here ,.
- i think it good measure here for you to post several more photos showing what all your dealing with here and there ?
matt :wrench::wrench::wrench:

1707625966466.png

1707626020537.png

1707626808538.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom