Stock tire size w/ 17” rim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have a ‘21 Luxury model w/ 19” wheels. I am not happy with the tire selection available and am considering replacing the wheels with a 17” to increase options. What is the equivalent tire size using a 17” wheel? The truck is stock, no spacers.

We have a ‘21 Luxury model w/ 19” wheels. I am not happy with the tire selection available and am considering replacing the wheels with a 17” to increase options. What is the equivalent tire size using a 17” wheel? The truck is stock, no spacers.

That would be tire size 265/65/17. You can fit a 265/70/17 without rubbing.

Most GX models come with 18' wheels, which use a tire size of 265/60/18. They a dimensionally (nearly) identical to the 265/65/17.

1698255294754.png

Another plus in going with 17" tires is they are far more readily available and cheaper than than 18" or 19" tires.
Also, you'll have a little softer/smoother ride quality with the taller side wall.
I'm sure you'll like it! ;)
Also if you check your current speed with the GPS on your phone, I think you'll find your speedometer is a little fast (e.g.: reading 63 mph on the dash vs. ~60 mph on your phones GPS). Going up one size should put your speedometer spot on. Generally auto manufacturers will have the speedometers run a little on the fast side from the factory, assuming customers will want to do a little over the posted speed limit, being on the fast side will keep them right on the posted speed.

Last edited:
Another plus in going with 17" tires is they are far more readily available and cheaper than than 18" or 19" tires.
Also, you'll have a little softer/smoother ride quality with the taller side wall.
I'm sure you'll like it! ;)
Also if you check your current speed with the GPS on your phone, I think you'll find your speedometer is a little fast (e.g.: reading 60 mph on the dash vs. ~63 mph on your phones GPS). Going up one size should put your speedometer spot on. Generally auto manufacturers will have the speedometers run a little on the fast side from the factory, assuming customers will want to do a little over the posted speed limit, being on the fast side will keep them right on the posted speed.
That's exactly what happened with me. I went up one size to 265/65/18 and now my speedo is bang on.

That would be tire size 265/65/17. You can fit a 265/70/17 without rubbing.
Tires of the same nominal size differ actual size. There was a .4" diameter spread between the smallest and largest 265/70r17s I looked at. Tire Rack has actual sizes.

Wheel offset will make a difference for fender clearance. I went to a slightly more offset wheel when I went to Falken Rubitrek 265/70r17s and had to do some heat gun molding of the fender liner.

Reactions: r2m
Don't forget that the bolts on the front of the running boards will also rub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom