Spare tire stock location closest in diameter to 275/65r18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2018 gx460 that came with 275/65r18 cooper atp 2 from the dealership. But the spare is the stock 265/60, I would prefer something closer in diameter but it seems like the 275 may not fit underneath the vehicle. Other than buying new tires, which would suck as these are brand new, is there a consensus on the closest to 32” diameter tire that could fit with minimal to no modification underneath?

It has the factory tow hitch which I need to keep. This will be my wife’s vehicle and I don’t want to go nuts with modifications.

Consider keeping a can of inflation sealant on board. If you have to compromise on tire size and EVER have to use a smaller spare, and this applies only to driving on pavement, not dirt/gravel/snow, etc. where there's slippage, DO NOT drive very far before getting the correct size tire.
What's very far??
It would depend upon how much smaller the spare is from the other 3 corners. The smaller the difference between tire sizes the farther you can go without winding up your drive train, say maybe a couple hundred miles. If there's a large difference in tire size, get it to your nearest tire shop.

Yeah, I understand the getting it replaced asap with that size difference. Which is why I am wondering if I can get the diameter to within a couple tenths of an inch or I will just replace them all. In the short term there will be no off-road use until figured out.

Yeah, I understand the getting it replaced asap with that size difference. Which is why I am wondering if I can get the diameter to within a couple tenths of an inch or I will just replace them all. In the short term there will be no off-road use until figured out.
How far gone are your current tires? Are you about due for some new shoes?

265/65/18 is half inch smaller and def fits underneath. When my 32s need replacing, I plan to try to fit one of them underneath, figuring that the decrease in size from the wear will help them fit

How far gone are your current tires? Are you about due for some new shoes?
I just purchased the vehicle as I needed one asap due to accident. It came with the tires they are brand new tires….couple hundred miles ish.

• Sad
Reactions: r2m
I just purchased the vehicle as I needed one asap due to accident. It came with the tires they are brand new tires….couple hundred miles ish.
Too bad they're so new, I guess you're out of excuses for new tires, unless you puncture or shred one. (hope note...)

Honestly this car will be only off-road for very simple things as it will be wife’s vehicle. Unfortunately we lost our lx570 so eventually will probably build a tundra or something for overland type camping

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom