spacers, spacers, spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you say slee + spidertrax, do you mean they are both quality products, or you run them both?

This may be a beginner question, but what is the difference?

Slee makes a set and so does spidertrax. Chose one I would run the Slee.

Hubcentric means it centers the spacer on the hub and this is considered to be a better application over lugcentric that centers the spacer using cone shaped lug nuts to center it in place. Less margin for error centering on the hub. Hope that makes sence.

Lets clear this up a bit re Slee....

Spidertrax makes the spacers... The fronts are described as exclusive to Slee. The rears not exclusive to Slee. Again both front and rear made by Spidertrax.

I've run them for a while and I off road hard - no difficulty or issues.

When you say slee + spidertrax, do you mean they are both quality products, or you run them both?

SpiderTrax makes a 1.25" spacer for the rear hubs; however they apparently don't manufacture a 1.25" hub-centric spacer for the '98-07 model year UZJ-100/LX470 front outer hubs, so Christo has an arrangement with a [local] machine shop to manufacture spec spacers for this application. This is the combination I've referred to and which works well, at least for me

SpiderTrax makes a 1.25" spacer for the rear hubs; however they apparently don't manufacture a 1.25" hub-centric spacer for the '98-07 model year UZJ-100/LX470 front outer hubs, so Christo has an arrangement with a [local] machine shop to manufacture spec spacers for this application. This is the combination I've referred to and which works well, at least for me

correction - the front's *are* made by SpiderTrax (not an independent shop), but I believe they're sold exclusively by Slee

+2 on the slee spidertrax spacers- made to fit properly on the 100 series front hub. I have used these for 4 years on my '99 without any kind of problem. I have used Spidertrax on my 80 series for about 6 years, same results. Good quality gear.
I have used 295 70 18 with a suspension lift only and you will get rub on the fender pinch weld for sure.

Last edited:
Gents, I've been searching and coming up short. When installing spacers what is the recommended torque spec for the spacers and wheels? I read one person on here say 100 ft lbs but that seems a little high. I checked with discount tire and they said 80 ft lbs. Just looking for some clarity.

additionally, I assume the BLUE loctite is the preferred thread lock?

Last edited:
You guys running front spacers: Be sure you carry a proper thin wall socket that will allow you to remove the spacers for field repairs. IIRC you'll need a thin wall 22mm... whatever, just be sure you have a socket that fits on board if you're 'wheeling. If you can't get the front spacers off then you can't get the hub flange off. On a recent trip we needed to disconnect a blown front diff on a spacer equipped truck and had one socket out of 5 that would fit. The alternatives were drive it to death or pull the CV's completely so the socket is definitely the way to go.

@Oklahomeboy

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 2.24.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 2.24.51 PM.png

I run the cheapest 1" spacer available on ebay. I did have a slight balance issue but after I balanced the tire/wheels with the spacer attached no issue up to XXX mph. 275/70-18
Having run custom hub centric wheel centric $500 spacers I say go cheap and get the same results.

Last edited:
$230 for made to order, made in USA- Bora spacers

Gents, I've been searching and coming up short. When installing spacers what is the recommended torque spec for the spacers and wheels? I read one person on here say 100 ft lbs but that seems a little high. I checked with discount tire and they said 80 ft lbs. Just looking for some clarity.

additionally, I assume the BLUE loctite is the preferred thread lock?
fwiw, 100 lbs on both my spacers and lugs, and I use the red loctite. Both per the instructions that came with my Spidertrax manufactured for Slee spacers, if I remember right. I think they actually came with a little tube of red. Since I'm learning, I end up doing things over and over, so I've had them off and on like a million times. No challenges with the red, just slow steady pressure with a breaker bar and off they come. No problems with things vibrating or loosening either.

You guys running front spacers: Be sure you carry a proper thin wall socket that will allow you to remove the spacers for field repairs. IIRC you'll need a thin wall 22mm... whatever, just be sure you have a socket that fits on board if you're 'wheeling. If you can't get the front spacers off then you can't get the hub flange off. On a recent trip we needed to disconnect a blown front diff on a spacer equipped truck and had one socket out of 5 that would fit. The alternatives were drive it to death or pull the CV's completely so the socket is definitely the way to go.
Good advice here. My sockets I usually use are thin wall I guess, because they fit. I imagine that would be a giant kick in the crotch to have the right size socket that won't fit in the f'n hole in the spacer.

What kind of liability do you have running spacers should one fail on the highway?

View attachment 1354245
Those spacers are lug centric, not hub centric.
A true hub centric spacer would have a raised hub on the outside for the wheel as well.
Hopfully who ever sold them to you did not advertise them as hub centric.
Not sure what you're suggesting here - the raised tabs in the image fit the hub to support the spacer. Unless I'm clueless wrt what the difference is (I doubt it, it's pretty simple) these are hub centric. At least the ones on my truck are.

I run the cheapest 1" spacer available on ebay. I did have a slight balance issue but after I balanced the tire/wheels with the spacer attached no issue up to XXX mph. 275/70-18
Having run custom hub centric wheel centric $500 spacers I say go cheap and get the same results.

Same here... the ebay ones are hub-centric as far as the spacer to hub, but not hub-centric for the wheel. Doesn't matter to me though since my aftermarket wheels are lug centric. No vibes here and only $72 shipped for a set of 4.

Not sure what you're suggesting here - the raised tabs in the image fit the hub to support the spacer. Unless I'm clueless wrt what the difference is (I doubt it, it's pretty simple) these are hub centric. At least the ones on my truck are.
I'm not sure I understand the question but the black ones the op has are not hub centric, the blue spidertrax ones I posted a pic of for reference are.
The ones the op has may be hub centric to the hub but there is no lip on the spacer to center the wheel on the spacer.

As far as the Slee exclusive Spidertrax fronts, I'm pretty sure BORA has that same design that is not "Slee exclusive". Confirmation anybody?

I am running the bora spacers in a wider size than spidertrax. no issues. I've run spacers on old track cars in the past with no issues ever as well. I was going to get cheaper ones off ebay but they weren't familiar with the design of our front hub.

I'm not sure I understand the question but the black ones the op has are not hub centric, the blue spidertrax ones I posted a pic of for reference are.
The ones the op has may be hub centric to the hub but there is no lip on the spacer to center the wheel on the spacer.
Oh, I see - I thought you were saying the Spidertrax (Slee) spacers that you posted were not hub centric. I was confused by the way it was worded. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom