Sow #2 in the works! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wife drove her first 55 today and loved it, Ironically I had reached out to one late last night in OR and started making my play!. Short while ago I told the seller we would take it and some earnest funds heading his way in the morning. While I was working to get everything I can the wife came up with her new name. “Sow” = significant other woman

It’s been in owners family since his dad ordered it new. Everything original and I’m told everything works. New shocks, tune on engine which was rebuilt 5000 miles ago. Seller telling me I could drive it home without any problems but I’ve been on other trips where things didn't play out so well...

Tomorrow I’ll work on shipping her home or Gonna hit up buddy to make straight trip up and back next weekend. Have to squeeze trip between track meets and 25th anniversary on 18th not giving me lots of time.

I don’t have great pics but figured I’d show the floor pan pic and couple others....

btw what the heck is the key on the post for?

B1E7AEED-9435-4591-8016-51BD208A8EB7.jpeg

5B21CDC2-1853-4F1F-A923-C47BDD4E4CFC.jpeg

483CE97E-F7FA-48B6-B422-699EB34494E7.jpeg

69EDCE0C-D540-4619-826B-CBE719E3E252.jpeg

Last edited:
Key could be an alarm of some sort. Great find by the way!
This is good possibility. Older retired fella selling it and I feel like I’ve worn him out with questions today so hate to ask another.
There part of me wanting to fly out and make slow way home I’m just traumatized by past attempts!

Nice Jon! Congrats! Those pics look to reveal a real nice pig.

Are you going to be taking it to OK or CO? I'm very sympathetic to fly and drive, but if you've got a deadline, then you better ship.

I was in Oklahoma last week and sat in the pig several times and just looked all over it again. It’s just freaking cool!

I’m dying to drive this one as soon as I can get it. I took off 16-22 and have track meet on 16th, 18th and 21st so tight to make the 32 hours round trip then looking at flights it’s tough to get out there and back between meets. Also have to help get the boys Prom set up. Too much at stake to miss one of the sons last track meets.

I sent Summit a request for a quote and if able I’d love to get it this week. I’m definitely looking at all my options.

not going to like shipping cost, have gone up about 50% over last year-at least the quotes I got

not going to like shipping cost, have gone up about 50% over last year-at least the quotes I got
Yeah I am little fearful of what I am going to hear. If prices too high then I may take off from Track meet on Saturday afternoon. Drive as far as possible and get there Sunday afternoon. Problem is trying to get Uhaul car trailer to carry it home on a Sunday, I am really not sure how many places do this. I would have to pick it up Sunday and head immediately back then home by Tuesday morning

There is still a chance!!

Hard with ADD, lots of squirrel moments,- maybe I should rebuild all of inner door mechanisms- NO! finish what you started
I’m glad i don’t have that issue, but i keep adding to the shyt to do list all prioritized of course!!

I’ll never ship a truck with Summit again after they damaged the paint on my wife’s 62 and then gave me total run around.

yes, I have pics to prove how it left snd how it arrived.

that’s not the only truck the damaged in transit. The 80 got beat up in front as wel, and that driver tried to hide it as well.

Yeah I am little fearful of what I am going to hear. If prices too high then I may take off from Track meet on Saturday afternoon. Drive as far as possible and get there Sunday afternoon. Problem is trying to get Uhaul car trailer to carry it home on a Sunday, I am really not sure how many places do this. I would have to pick it up Sunday and head immediately back then home by Tuesday morning

There is still a chance!!
Rent the U-Haul locally and take it with you. No biggie when it's empty. Assuming the pig drives and you don't want to haul it back then I would use one of the depot to depot shippers. They are slow but cost effective.

I do have access to local trailer if I were to go that route. Just trying to haul ass to Oregon and a trailer will only slow me down a little but I’m leaning that way to leaving from Glenwood Springs from track meet and get as far as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom