SOR 4'' LIFT KIT...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
I recently acquired an abandoned project 76 FJ40, Included is a 4" Lift from Specter.......
In the paperwork was the attached invoice......wow, this was in 2006....
Anyone have experience with these?
Just wondering if it performs decent or beats ya to death..

Butch

IMG_3272[100].jpg

IMG_3273[102].jpg

IMG_3274[104].jpg

I recently acquired an abandoned project 76 FJ40, Included is a 4" Lift from Specter.......
In the paperwork was the attached invoice......wow, this was in 2006....
Anyone have experience with these?
Just wondering if it performs decent or beats ya to death..

Butch

View attachment 3495465

View attachment 3495466

View attachment 3495467
I've got SOR 2" lift springs on my '69 with factory shackles, it rides about the same as my '70 that is sprung over. Both trucks could likely benefit from new shocks. My SOR springs have the larger diameter eye on them similar to 60 series springs, which is a nice feature. Curious if the 4" lift is a 2"+ lift spring with extended shackles, or is actually a 4" lift spring?

Hang them on the truck, look at the shackle angle. That is your actual concern. If it’s perpendicular to frame it will be rough - so shackle length is also a question. Show us the truck under full curb weight and then pick shocks accordingly.
This statement got me curious. Kind of related here and hoping I'm not derailing this thread... however:
I just installed a Dobison's medium spring kit on the 62 I have here and the shackles are all perpendicular to the truck. Rides like a mule on crack (not that bad, but not amazing) also introduced a driveshaft vibration that I thought I could correct with a 4* shim (my pinion was 4* off) but still vibrates on acceleration around 2000 rpms. Anyway, curious about the perpendicular angle? I'm not a wizard in any way especially with this stuff.

This statement got me curious. Kind of related here and hoping I'm not derailing this thread... however:
I just installed a Dobison's medium spring kit on the 62 I have here and the shackles are all perpendicular to the truck. Rides like a mule on crack (not that bad, but not amazing) also introduced a driveshaft vibration that I thought I could correct with a 4* shim (my pinion was 4* off) but still vibrates on acceleration around 2000 rpms. Anyway, curious about the perpendicular angle? I'm not a wizard in any way especially with this stuff.
Pm'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom