Ideal Shackle Length for 4” Skyjacker Lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
Is there an ideal shackle length for the 4” SJ lift? I currently have 5.25” Confer shackles with the crossbar. I would like to use a shorter shackle to reduce height some and possibly remove a leaf. They were originally over tighten by PO. Any recommendations on shackle length? I was thinking 4” center to center, which is about 1.25” over stock.

On the front I have a shorter shackle (I reused an OME shackle) and its fine, rear requires a longer shackle. I'd advise to try the rears with your 5.25" just to see and shorten up if you need to. Here’s a pick of the front.

IMG_0439.jpeg

Anything shorter than 4" shackles on the rear and there's a good chance the rear spring eye will decide to bottom out on the spring hanger.

Unless you don't leave pavement.

I think originally did 2" over stk and I set up the frt with 4* shims. I found caster was about 0+*, so I shortened them an to 3 3/4" in the frt and rear at 4 3/4" and now have about 1+* caster. It drives fine but will probably go to 6* shims. After 2 yrs of driving and 6000 miles the springs are settling in nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom