Redline Landcruisers 2.5" lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched through the 40-Series FAQ and searhed threads but didn't find much.....

I'm looking into suspension for the 40 I'm putting back on the road. The springs that are on it aren't stock but are so rusted that there are no longer markings on them, so I don't know what brand / model they are......both front and rear are WAYY over-sprung and stiff as all hell though, with near vertical shackles at ride height. It's almost scary to drive on bumpy roads! :oops:

I'm building a mild trail rig that I can also take out on the beach, but most of the time it'll be on paved / gravel roads. The most weight I'll likely have on it is a front winch and rear bumper / tire carrier. I'm looking for the softest ride possible (soft for leaf springs at least).

Looking at the Redline kit, they advertise being a soft ride. Just by visuals, it looks like the springs might be made by ProComp, but I'm not sure. There also aren't many pictures to look at the shackle angles....

Is there anyone on here that has the Redline kit installed, could give some feedback on how you like it, how soft the ride is, and maybe post some pictures of the shackle angles?

They are Pro-Comp springs. I have them on my '70 and really like them. Only run them up and down my gravel road a couple times but they are definitely softer and ride better than my OME springs on my '76. Here is a pic of the front shackle angle. They will settle more as I start driving it more.

20230610_122723.jpg

Dobinsons or have a custom pack built so it handles the load you want and you can achieve perfect shackle angles.

They are Pro-Comp springs. I have them on my '70 and really like them. Only run them up and down my gravel road a couple times but they are definitely softer and ride better than my OME springs on my '76. Here is a pic of the front shackle angle. They will settle more as I start driving it more.

View attachment 3370985
Good looking rig. Are those FJCruiser steelies? Do you run spacers with them? I put a set on my 40 and they rubbed the tie rod end without spacers.

Good looking rig. Are those FJCruiser steelies? Do you run spacers with them? I put a set on my 40 and they rubbed the tie rod end without spacers.
They are. I do not run spacers. The tires hit the springs at full lock. I may end up running 1.25" though.

They are. I do not run spacers. The tires hit the springs at full lock. I may end up running 1.25" though.
I've got 80 series TRE's, and the wheel was just barely touching (enough to wear a hole in the rubber boot though). :-(

I really like the way they look, but I'm a bit leery of spacers. If I can find a shop that will do it for a reasonable cost, I'm thinking about having them cut and re-weld the center disc for 1" less backspacing.

Sidebar on the suspension......

I just got off the phone with the owner of Redline. Yes, the springs are ProComp but unfortunately, they are no longer made. The company that bought ProComp a few years back discontinued them. Redline bought all of the inventory and has 6 pallets worth of springs left. Once those are gone, he will be working with a spring supplier to manufacture his own line of springs, engineered specifically for Redline. Timeline for that is probably a couple years out, maybe sooner if there is a run on folks buying lift kits from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom