Soft Tailgate upgrade (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Outsane

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
solvefunction.com
Thanks to @Obrokoff for finding a damper that fits and posting.

I have been looking into doing this for a while. Ordered parts and then made a kit so you can get everything in one spot.

Damper is from a Nissan Navaro
The cable I found is a Dorman 38536 15 1/8 long.

I then lathe down the bolt to fit the cable.

I also made a drill template for the hole needs to be added.
20221207_183602.jpg
20221207_183621.jpg

This can help you find the bit size and drill. If you have a kit already and need a drill template let me know, I will get one out. These are made from the left overs of the gull wings I make.

Little explanation video.

Thanks

Mine is in the mail now...need to see if it has the template when it comes in....thanks for putting this kit together and to @Obrokoff for the initial leg work!

My father has accidentally slammed my tail gate many times....This would be great. But how do you prevent rust after drilling body work like that? I've never done it before. Thanks!

My father has accidentally slammed my tail gate many times....This would be great. But how do you prevent rust after drilling body work like that? I've never done it before. Thanks!
Paint the edges of the hole before installing

Shuddup and take my money already...... :flipoff2:

Reactions: KTP
Love this and am adding it to the list!

Mine is in the mail now...need to see if it has the template when it comes in....thanks for putting this kit together and to @Obrokoff for the initial leg work!
If it's already shipped probably did not have a template order a sticker and add a note I'll get one to you

Reactions: KTP
Another great product !! Yes…I’d love one of these…or two. My tailgate is packed with recovery gear. Is it possible to get one for each side for the significant extra weight?

Definitely useful for the crowd with the storage tailgates......
Once the trunk board almost killed my wife, so I made this modification 😅

Another great product !! Yes…I’d love one of these…or two. My tailgate is packed with recovery gear. Is it possible to get one for each side for the significant extra weight?
One strut enough for packed tailgate

If it's already shipped probably did not have a template order a sticker and add a note I'll get one to you
All good...I just ordered some more stuff...shift boot, orange bottle opener, and grey element clips for 3rd row bolt hole...If you can throw the template piece in with this order (wasn't in my box), that would be great, thanks!

You can add two if needed

I still placed the order so whatever 🤣

This is an absolute must have! Would you be willing to ship to the U.K.?

Ordered a kit yesterday. Saw that it's on backorder. I'll wait patiently for a day or so and then, if it's not delivered, I'll post here and on all my social media about how shady this business is and how nobody should ever purchase for such a business. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom