Show us your engine bay! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

-Holy Sniper w/ air filter
-MaF ceramic Header
-Robbmc Power Surge

All temp,weather + Altitude starting Reliability + Drivability for days!!! Original tractor power.....priceless!!!

Screenshot_20200123-031151.png

Screenshot_20200121-134317.png

Not so clean but getting there

image.jpg

I know it’s a mess

D3E1F69A-69BD-4FFB-818E-9EFF13DB4CFB.jpeg

Any tips on making the intake and MAF finish look nicer? Collecting parts to desmog as well to remove the rough looking hoses that are NLA.

IMG_7589.jpg

Any tips on making the intake and MAF finish look nicer? Collecting parts to desmog as well to remove the rough looking hoses that are NLA.
Use something like Goop hand cleaner on each hose that looks aged, clean them up nice and then if you have time, remove the intake manifold (or buy another used one so you don't have any down time) and either have it professionaly cleaned or hit it with "Eastwood 2K AeroSpray Aluma Blast Aerosol Spray Paint". Either way, toss a new decal on, done. Your engine bay is too awesome to gut it (desmog). Looks so snappy and oem, I love it.

View attachment 3400915
Vapor blast the aluminum. Paint is the only other option but for raw aluminum I only recommend vapor long term. Powder is a not recommended on anything higher temp - especially if it comes in contact with coolant. Hi temp paint is your only option. That said, vapor is king.

Since the MAF is multiple parts, I’d disassemble completely then blast the aluminum then reassemble.

View attachment 3400915
yeah definitely dont paint. Like @mattressking said, vapor honing would be amazing. I scrubbed mine down really well and actually ended up treating the aluminum intake with Alodine (used in the aircraft industry as a base metal paint preparation step). It coated the aluminum and has kept it from corroding again. Since its a surface chemical treatment, its not paint and wont flake. It has actually held up well over the years!

Use something like Goop hand cleaner on each hose that looks aged, clean them up nice and then if you have time, remove the intake manifold (or buy another used one so you don't have any down time) and either have it professionaly cleaned or hit it with "Eastwood 2K AeroSpray Aluma Blast Aerosol Spray Paint". Either way, toss a new decal on, done. Your engine bay is too awesome to gut it (desmog). Looks so snappy and oem, I love it.

Will give that a try. Though as nice as that diver fender looked after I did a cleaning/detailing was thinking getting rid of all that mess would look nice. Espcecially that hose that looks like alligator skin.

Here is an older pic from before I got my air cleaner powder coated, replaced the two intake > MAF hoses, and ran some 303 over all the hoses. I installed a new coolant overflow (mine was impossible to see level without flashlight in it), and have new washer fluid container on way. Will probably put some more time in with some detailing brushes and Dawn Powerwash.

Think I'd have any luck painting my radiator top and shroud in place? Those two piece are an eyesore.

IMG_7338.jpg

Did some cleaning tonight. Need to tidy up some wiring but it’s looking good to me! Love this anchor.
IMG_4957.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom