Show me your racks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got a Gobi Stealth rack. We've used the RTT and AluCab awning about 150 nights in the last 2 years and I couldn't be happier with it. IMO the rack looks cooler without the tent and awning, and for the rare summer night when the tent is NOT on the Cruiser, dropping all the windows and opening the sunroof is just awesome.

I'm not exactly sure the roof load rating, but we've spent subzero nights with two adults (320 lbs. combined) and 100 lbs. worth of dogs, plus 120 lbs. of tent and it's never given us any problem at all.

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

I've got a Gobi Stealth rack. We've used the RTT and AluCab awning about 150 nights in the last 2 years and I couldn't be happier with it. IMO the rack looks cooler without the tent and awning, and for the rare summer night when the tent is NOT on the Cruiser, dropping all the windows and opening the sunroof is just awesome.

I'm not exactly sure the roof load rating, but we've spent subzero nights with two adults (320 lbs. combined) and 100 lbs. worth of dogs, plus 120 lbs. of tent and it's never given us any problem at all.

View attachment 2643367

View attachment 2643394
150 nights! 😳 That’s awesome. Looks like more than 100# of dogs. How to they get up there?

150 nights! 😳 That’s awesome. Looks like more than 100# of dogs. How to they get up there?
Manually, unfortunately. I open the rear tailgate, stand on it and do an overhead husky press as my wife grabs them from inside the tent. Not super easy or safe but they're relatively calm and trusting. When it's not -10F, they sleep in the back seat, which is better for everybody.

Front Runner load bars and Gamivit towers. Load carrying capability with minimal fuel hit.

1618259536453.png

ARB Alloy Flat Rack.

It started out just carrying my awning. But it now frequently carries the following:

- Rhino Rack Batwing 270º Awning
- 1x 160w Fixed Solar Panel
- 1x 40" Slimline LED Bar (front facing)
- 2x 4" LED Bars (rear facing)
- 1x Pair of Matrax
- 1x Long Handle Shovel

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_2958.png

IMG_20190915_222525_228.png

IMG_3062.png

Any of you that did a Rackectomy of the stock rack have any issues with leakage after plugging the holes? A little silicon and bolts sounds easy enough but it's wet af in the PNW and the last thing I want is a leak.

Saw this rack a few weeks ago.
1623584589746.png

A prominent member of this forum told me it is an ARB on this Model 77.
1623584690471.png

1623584706086.png

Yesterday I went back to the wreckers and bought it off the truck paying the equivalent of less than 300. It looks very, very sturdy and has a place for mounting a spare tire on top. I bought it for the troopy but I'm not entirely sure whether it will fit without modification--Although I do think I see a way to modify it so that it will work on the troopy. Otherwise it will go on the Omani diesel 80, I think. I really wanted a sturdy rack that I could mount a sun shade to without concern.

Saw this rack a few weeks ago.
View attachment 2702368
A prominent member of this forum told me it is an ARB on this Model 77.
View attachment 2702369
View attachment 2702370
Yesterday I went back to the wreckers and bought it off the truck paying the equivalent of less than 300. It looks very, very sturdy and has a place for mounting a spare tire on top. I bought it for the troopy but I'm not entirely sure whether it will fit without modification--Although I do think I see a way to modify it so that it will work on the troopy. Otherwise it will go on the Omani diesel 80, I think. I really wanted a sturdy rack that I could mount a sun shade to without concern.
What is an “Omani diesel”? 80 w/ 1HD-T you got from Oman?

What is an “Omani diesel”? 80 w/ 1HD-T you got from Oman?
Actually it is sans-turbo. I is a very nice and simple 1HZ in white with a H150F manual transmission:
1623610210623.png

I only call it that because that is where it came from, as you surmised.

BIOR Bull/Winch w/Laser cut top plate

biorbumperspray16.jpg

biorbumperspray17.jpg

cobaltlaserstuff1-Small.jpg

winchcoverlightinstall12.jpg

winchcoverlightinstall8.jpg
When was this? Don't see it on their website... Any cooling issues with that, would you happen to know the weight?

When was this? Don't see it on their website... Any cooling issues with that, would you happen to know the weight?

April 2012 according to my old bumper thread:

No cooling issues even with the larger beams

Have no clue about the weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom