RTH need help in alamosa! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We need a passenger side 1994 fzj80 knuckle! We ripped the steering studs out and made a disaster. We need a inner axle seal as well as possible, and a driver side birfield setup.

Thanks! Please message my cell or call me at 2102694071. I will obviously pay for the parts.

We got 2 studs in but on the same side. Made it about .5 mile down the trail and one of the studs ripped out. It's a rocky rocky trail. Need parts please. We need to drive back to Texas. Please call 817-773-6881

Here's a few photos. On a 20% grade in loose gravel.

IMG_1689.PNG

IMG_1690.PNG

IMG_1693.PNG

IMG_1694.PNG

IMG_1695.PNG

If you can somehow reach classic cruisers in Salida they probably have one. Closed weekends though. 719-539-7722

@Corbet might know someone in the alamosa area, or else you can try posting on the Colorado Land Cruisers forum page directly. They are the closest club to you

@PabloVTA - Just like your Rubicon break, wheel spacer and all!

Not that it helps, but I have that knuckle in Sacramento, but it would take a week to get to you.

Good luck, hopefully someone can help you out.

And @beno is the parts dude and he's there in Colorado at least.

Relax. At the worst you are looking at leaving a dead 80 lay until you return with parts. Consider one man camping out to guard the rig.

I know this does not help but, you must torque your nuts before and after every trip. I love to torque (touch) mine.

If I were in Colorado I would be there but I'm in this prison called CA watching my carbon output.

@PabloVTA - Just like your Rubicon break, wheel spacer and all!

Not that it helps, but I have that knuckle in Sacramento, but it would take a week to get to you.

Good luck, hopefully someone can help you out.

And @beno is the parts dude and he's there in Colorado at least.

Ouch, for the broken knuckle not forrunning the spacer, oh and I have knuckles too:worms:

Can get it all for ya but I'm in grand junction you'd have to come get it with your other truck, call Onar i'm sure they have everything at the shop too

Last edited:
It's not like you have to replace the birf to get home. You could pull the broken one out and drive home in 2WD. Pull front driveshaft and lock center diff.

Pull the flanges on both sides and then the front driveshaft can stay in.

Glad I saw this on our dispatch board for CO4x4RnR before I left. I had plans to go down to alamosa and run this trail with my old boss.

On the side he's a buggy builder / fabricator. So I stopped at his place after meeting up with Aaron and got some tools together. We made it up the trail and had the broken studs and extractors removed in about an hour and a half.

It was good to meet you guys, glad you made it back to Tx.

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

Last edited:
Great work and rescue! Glad to hear that it ended well. Always check your nuts before leaving in the morning. Ask me how I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom