Need help with caster adjustment (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve replaced my mystery OME springs (1.75-2”?) with heavy load linear Robinson springs (3”), this netted me about 1.5” lift.

After doing the alignment, my caster is a -1 degree. However, I DO have the OME caster correction kits installed when OME lift was installed by previous owner. From what I understand, those are +2 degree correction. I don’t know how those are clocked exactly, but they “appear” to be correct.

Here’s the question, if I replace those with +2.5” dobinson bushings, that will not be enough right? Just math wise. So the other option is to go with caster plates, which will net me +5 degrees and put me at +2 degrees.

Something seems a bit off here, input would be great.

BONUS QUESTION : Do I need rear panhard bracket?

Most recent alignment:
IMG_4737.jpeg

Previous alignment:
IMG_4739.jpeg

Previous alignment to that before bumper and winch:

Last edited:
Nice work on actually getting an alignment reading to see where you stand.

Caster correction bushings are trash.

Skip the plates. Go with proper arms.

I should have mentioned, I can’t go for the arms $$$.
then do plates.

delta arms got me to 4 degrees on a 2.25" lift. caster plates got me to around 2, same lift. 4 is at the upper end of factory recommended caster spec on stock suspension.

mine feels great at 4. straight and true with minimal steering input required at all speeds. this is what the extra $ gets you, plus u don't have to modify the factory axle.

Last edited:
What is your total lift over factory? 3 - 3.25"?
Or 1.5" or so?
Arms are the ultimate.
Caster correction bushing are ok but they wear out quickly, resolving to little improvement over stock rubber bushings.
Plates are the better alternative.
I'm running 3" lift with stock bushings and drive-ability is more than livable tho I know correction would help a little.
There are alot of driveline items that if worn can make a decent rig nearly un-drivable. And even plates won't help till those are addressed.

What is your total lift over factory? 3 - 3.25"?
Or 1.5" or so?
Arms are the ultimate.
Caster correction bushing are ok but they wear out quickly, resolving to little improvement over stock rubber bushings.
Plates are the better alternative.
I'm running 3" lift with stock bushings and drive-ability is more than livable tho I know correction would help a little.
There are alot of driveline items that if worn can make a decent rig nearly un-drivable. And even plates won't help till those are addressed.
I think im about 3 1/2 over factory. Everyone says bad things about bushings but my OME caster poly bushings have been going strong 4+ years.

The tech and I could definitely feel the truck want to wander more.

Get the Land Tank plates and OEM bushings!!
The plates also add strength to the control arm mounts which have been known to fail.

Get the Land Tank plates and OEM bushings!!
The plates also add strength to the control arm mounts which have been known to fail.

This.

3.5" Lift will require about 6⁰ of caster correction.
Varies with every truck, and this is AFTER correction bushings are out.

Land tank has 2 or 3 versions of correction plates. Can't remember

Better than trying to tweak with correction bushes, and still coming up short.

And a lot cheaper than arms

I would also get these

But does my alignment justify this? I don’t want to get it just to get it
The only thing adjustable with your alignment is toe. Castor can be corrected via bushings, plates or custom arms !!
Again I recommend the Landtank plates as they don't have tie rod contact Issue. I run them !!
Panhard correction kit well improve ride and handling but are not going to do anything for you castor

But does my alignment justify this? I don’t want to get it just to get it

Your alignment printout will not help when it comes to the rear panhard rod. Your lift is probably going to require it. Simply do a google search on thow a lift impacts the rear panhard rod angle and you'll see why the correction bracket was suggested. I have a similar bracket for my 3" lift and it does wonders for the rear axle vertical and horizontal movement when going over high speed bumps/hwy corrugations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom