Builds Rosie the 40 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brendan has some hare brained ideas, most of them I have been able to tamp down with a moderate amount of shaming and finger pointing but the radio and speaker thing lived through the ridicule.

The place we got the radio converted to Blue Tooth and such sent it back with a tiny speaker that fit in the little OEM bracket. I got it installed and the wizard bent some brackets then we added some magnets to hold it on the hump.

I got it all wired up and working via the aux jack. The Bluetooth does not want to corporate. Anyway. I’ll give it a 10 for cool OEM factor and a 1 for sound. I presume this is about what the AM speakers in the glove box sounded like

Also, if anyone has any knobs that fit this style radio, these are both broken. I have some later OEM 40 radios here but the actual shaft size the knobs fit on are smaller on my radios than this one

View attachment 3368903

View attachment 3368904

View attachment 3368905

View attachment 3368906

View attachment 3368907
Maybe we need to find a few more speaker boxes to add surround sound🤔
Those knobs look like the ones from a ‘76 Chevy Malibu Classic station wagon…..wonder if someone could 3D print new ones?? The OEM rating of “10” from you is the biggest compliment! Thanks!🍺🍺

Big day tomorrow. Brendan offered to foot the gas bill if I wanted to bring this thing to him up in Pennsylvania. He left this monster trailer here back when he dropped the 40.
IMG_3109.jpeg

The Wizard cleaned it out while I made sure a may-pop cruiser spare I had here would fit. While I was all in the tire I saw the wasps.
IMG_3110.jpeg

They won’t be going.

IMG_3111.jpeg

He drug it all the way here with this flat spot. I just hope when this blows it does not take out the whole trailer.
IMG_3111.jpeg

Anyway. It’s going down. Let’s see how the 200 does. He got 7mpg with his gasser 6.0 Chevy on the way here.
IMG_3112.jpeg

Depending on your schedule and (I'm assuming) that you're traveling up I-81, I'd extend the offer to treat you to a dinner at a local brew pub.

Depending on your schedule and (I'm assuming) that you're traveling up I-81, I'd extend the offer to treat you to a dinner at a local brew pub.
Message me your info. I’ll be stopping every 170 miles for gas, maybe we can meet up. I’ll be on a mission from God to get this thing there and unloaded but if my passing works out with a meet up I’ll try

Big day tomorrow. Brendan offered to foot the gas bill if I wanted to bring this thing to him up in Pennsylvania. He left this monster trailer here back when he dropped the 40.
View attachment 3372747
The Wizard cleaned it out while I made sure a may-pop cruiser spare I had here would fit. While I was all in the tire I saw the wasps.
View attachment 3372748
They won’t be going.

View attachment 3372749
He drug it all the way here with this flat spot. I just hope when this blows it does not take out the whole trailer.
View attachment 3372749

Anyway. It’s going down. Let’s see how the 200 does. He got 7mpg with his gasser 6.0 Chevy on the way here.
View attachment 3372756
Safe travels my friend! 🍺🍺

Took her out for a final 50 mile drive this morning. I wanted to burn 3/4 tank of gas so I could do the Dakota fuel “range learn” since none of the presets work for s***.

I figured 10-12 mpg like my trucks. Damn this thing got 15 mpg on the first tank.

And the range program outsmarted me. Don’t think that worked.

Either way. I’m loaded. Waiting for a visit from @orangefj45 and then I’ll hit the road pulling the whale tail

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3122.jpeg

IMG_3123.jpeg

Took her out for a final 50 mile drive this morning. I wanted to burn 3/4 tank of gas so I could do the Dakota fuel “range learn” since none of the presets work for s***.

I figured 10-12 mpg like my trucks. Damn this thing got 15 mpg on the first tank.

And the range program outsmarted me. Don’t think that worked.

Either way. I’m loaded. Waiting for a visit from @orangefj45 and then I’ll hit the road pulling the whale tail

View attachment 3373140

View attachment 3373141

View attachment 3373143

View attachment 3373144
We’re on the way!!!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

Safe travels!

Excited to hear how the 200 does with the wind resistance, especially if you are going far enough N to hit the mountains of PA.

That's going to be like towing a billboard...

700 gallons of gasoline later…..that trailer was nuts. Like pulling a sail for 1200 miles
IMG_3141.jpeg

That said, Rosie is home. We had a great test ride and dinner.
IMG_3145.jpeg
IMG_1683.jpeg

Brendan’s club house
IMG_3144.jpeg

Filled up this morning. The last tank was Lebanon to Pocono Pines which is a full mountain pull the whole 85 miles. This is what the 200 said
IMG_3147.png

700 gallons of gasoline later…..that trailer was nuts. Like pulling a sail for 1200 miles
View attachment 3374470
That said, Rosie is home. We had a great test ride and dinner.View attachment 3374473View attachment 3374664
Brendan’s club house
View attachment 3374665
Filled up this morning. The last tank was Lebanon to Pocono Pines which is a full mountain pull the whole 85 miles. This is what the 200 said
View attachment 3374663
I am absolutely overwhelmed by your work and the total transformation of "Rosie"! Another fine project completed and well executed by Tilda Bogue Service Station!! Thank you, Nolen, for making the trip beyond the Mason-Dixon Line with the special delivery. The ride home should be smooth sailing and all down-hill. Safe travels.

I am absolutely overwhelmed by your work and the total transformation of "Rosie"! Another fine project completed and well executed by Tilda Bogue Service Station!! Thank you, Nolen, for making the trip beyond the Mason-Dixon Line with the special delivery. The ride home should be smooth sailing and all down-hill. Safe travels.
IMG_1861.jpeg

Despite getting caught up in the Yellow Freight shutdown…..finally put the finishing touch on Rosie.
Many thanks to @wngrog for the suggestion of adding a vintage Con-Ferr rack to the build, and an extra special thanks goes to @Trippster for his efforts and willingness to perfectly pack and arrange the shipment from TX to PA…..when I opened the package, I received a perfectly restored, powder coated rack, including new hardware and a pack of vintage style stickers!!
Thanks Nolen and Ben for helping me complete And transform Rosie (A/K/A around Tilda Bogue as the “Turd”) to a really tough looking 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom