Retirement Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Super proper! Great work!
Thanks Todd. Wife, Son-in-law, and two BILs are all Civil Engineers so I get a lot of free advice when it comes to concrete and steel. Weather forecast over the next two weeks looks ideal for curing concrete.
Funny how they are NEVER big enough!

:popcorn:
No kidding. I really struggled whether or not to enclose this space but ultimately decided that a lean-to addition would work best for my storage needs.

The slab looks great Greg. Will you remove the existing wall or leave the two areas separate?
Thanks Michael. The wall will stay as this addition will just be a roof with siding down to the 12' wall girts. I do plan on cutting in a man door just past the center column line.

Finished all the interior walls except for the right side. I need to finish the expansion on that side first. Starting to run out of excuses and will have to start working on Land Cruisers. 😱

IMG_2229.jpeg

IMG_2230.jpeg

Greg, I’m very impressed with your willingness to use my alma maters colors with that orange and black. It’s shunned by many less fortunate here in Oklahoma…

Greg, I’m very impressed with your willingness to use my alma maters colors with that orange and black. It’s shunned by many less fortunate here in Oklahoma…
Ha. It's a very dark navy blue. If you want some Jon the Benjamin Moore color designations are Auburn Orange and Auburn Blue. :)

Looks good in person too! I finally stopped by and met Greg this morning.

If your pickup goes missing - it wasn't me!
Great visiting with you today Ed. Please; anything but the pickup!

Great visiting with you today Ed. Please; anything but the pickup!
Hmmmm really?! I drove a nice Troopy on my visit. I would have preferred to have rolled back to northern Alabama in it, rather than the vehicle I arrived in. If I had only known that was an option 🤷🏻‍♂️

For all who haven’t had the pleasure, Greg and Mrs. WDE are very gracious hosts.

Pulled the plastic yesterday after more than 3 weeks of water curing. Took a couple of pics after it dried. Very happy with the results. Not a single visible surface crack. Should be in the clear from shrinkage cracks at this point.

Building delivery delayed until at least May after I made a few changes.

IMG_2258.jpeg

Got a pleasant surprise on Friday in the form of an email from the building company. Building is being delivered on April 12th. Now I have to get my ducks in a row with an erection contractor. I had procrastinated a bit on that subject as I thought this was a late May/early June problem.

I also found out that I am responsible for unloading the truck. No worries, that was a good excuse to buy a set of forks for the Kubota. I had meant to buy a set when I purchased the tractor and other implements but somehow forgot about forks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom