Builds Resto-mod on my 55 has begun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like "Measure twice (at least) and cut once" worked out pretty well. Nice work, Pat.

Been wondering about this idler pulley lately. Something could be done there

At the least, I would change all those idlers out for new. I have @ 85,000 miles on mine and all were loose feeling compared to the new ones. With my kind of luck something as simple as an idler would ruin a fun weekend. One good thing about the Chevy motor, you can have that idler replaced at any street corner on any day.

I look forward to seeing this beast up and running.

Agree...both times we went through my build everything hanging on the engine got replaced. Pulleys, belts, hoses, alternator, starter, fuel pump, etc. etc. etc. Like oil changes, cheap enough insurance. Especially when paying GM prices rather than Toyota OEM or worse.

At the least, I would change all those idlers out for new. I have @ 85,000 miles on mine and all were loose feeling compared to the new ones. With my kind of luck something as simple as an idler would ruin a fun weekend. One good thing about the Chevy motor, you can have that idler replaced at any street corner on any day.

I look forward to seeing this beast up and running.
I plan on replacing all items on the front of the motor. My buddy told me about an AC compressor that will go in the idler spot. I'll find out more about that. I still have a lot to do.

Body getting torqued down. Then align axles and adjust preload on shocks. Baby steps

9EAD33D9-7538-493C-8901-895394FB6DBF.jpeg

1C080753-E536-4018-BFBF-69291AF622B7.jpeg

0E6E1AE4-4F7D-4B09-945B-802F32B777C5.jpeg

4BAE59A6-BF37-4E1A-B2AB-6C6E4C4B2333.jpeg

I love that gusset on the front body mounts!!! Shoes a lot of work. :)!
That gusset is actually a mounting point for some rock light bling

Hey Pat,
Looks good and can't wait to see it on the road.
What did you do about the VSS with your LS and auto trans?

Hey Pat,
Looks good and can't wait to see it on the road.
What did you do about the VSS with your LS and auto trans?
It's going to wiring in a month, so he'll deal with all that stuff.

must be nice. haha.
Well Dakota Digital seams to have a device that will plug in the the mechanical speedo and create a pulse. Then you need another Dakota Digital device to make the pulse match what the GM ecu wants to have. I am trying to find out if that will work before I dive in too much.

Ya me too, but you need the vss to shift your transmission because it is electronic ahift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom