Redundant Burping Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok I flushed out the entire coolant system got that ugly green shiite out flushed it all totally new hoses clamps all around distilled water red yota fluid the works. and then also installed the blue fan clutch pre modded by the lovely and talented wits end. My issue is last night on the mass. turnpike she kept running up to 190 and seemed like it would go after about 2300 rpms when I picked it up in Alabama it had no issues on the highway(which is what the mass pike is) Im thinking it didnt take the entire FSM amount of coolant as it may air or need to burp. Does this make sense at all?? Ive spent all night reseaching and cant seem to nail down an answer. But I have sen when its running hot that it wont accelerate. Do I need to burp it??

If your cooling system is working right, it will suck in from the reservoir an equal amount of coolant to the air it burped out.

If your cooling system is working right, it will suck in from the reservoir an equal amount of coolant to the air it burped out.
yes i have the resovoir filled to proper level but is there anything I can do to kind of help it burp??

Mine didn't burp correctly because the seal on top of the expansion tank wasn't sealing. I installed a new expansion tank and cap and it works correctly now.

Reactions: RFB
What is wrong with 190? It is not good to run too cool. The heat capacity of the system is more important. Can it maintain 190 going up hill with the pedal to the metal?

yes i have the resovoir filled to proper level but is there anything I can do to kind of help it burp??

Yes! Drive the snot out of it. Wide open throttle on the freeway entry ramps during hottest part of the day. Higher rpm will help push bubbles out. I just had my radiator out last week. It took a couple trips across Phoenix in the heat to get the cooling system to level out.

What is wrong with 190? It is not good to run too cool. The heat capacity of the system is more important. Can it maintain 190 going up hill with the pedal to the metal?

Didn't think about the concern being cool running. That would be on the cool end of the normal running range, but not excessively cold.

Yes! Drive the snot out of it. Wide open throttle on the freeway entry ramps during hottest part of the day. Higher rpm will help push bubbles out. I just had my radiator out last week. It took a couple trips across Phoenix in the heat to get the cooling system to level out.
excellent because its exactly what Ive been doing, sorry for all the questions but I have mountains of mney and months of time into dont want to puff it driving east to west coast friday

it wil rise to about 196 and it just istalled blue fan mdded clutch fan

Just like everyone else has said 190 is totally fine, so is 196. Dont you have an SC? With an SC, 190 should be the least of your worries lol.

fresh rad cap will burp air out as well. Check your coolant level in the rad when cold. If it's low, your cap may be faulty, or the hose to the reservoir may be blocked. And what everyone else said, 190F is good, that's properly warmed up. If it creeps down, that's bad. If it goes over 230 then I'd look into it further.

Did you replace the thermostat and rad cap while you were in there?

Seems like it is time for the head gasket...

Sorry. I'm bored. Carry along.

Dont worry running at 190° wont be a problem once you get out west with a SC:rofl:
thnks Phil. :flipoff2: Im rolling out saturday morning. Im still packing my backpacks and Im outta here.

Last edited:
You are spot on. Good job on all new hoses. It kills me when people just replace the PHH.

190 is fine. You will see around 200 on long up hills and that is fine also. I actually found it runs cooler in 2nd grear at higher rpm up mountain passes than in overdrive with more throttle. I think the fan and water pump spinning faster helps. But the difference is like 205 down to 198. Both are just fine.

I am no expert. But one of the legitimate experts once told me that if you are not hitting the AC cut-off point than you are not running hot.

Obvoiusly if you are comming close to that just tooling around town thats not good. But you get the idea.

The radiator cap is an important part of the coolant system and it is cheap. Cant hurt to put a new one on. But it does soumd lile your system is working well.

You are spot on. Good job on all new hoses. It kills me when people just replace the PHH.

190 is fine. You will see around 200 on long up hills and that is fine also. I actually found it runs cooler in 2nd grear at higher rpm up mountain passes than in overdrive with more throttle. I think the fan and water pump spinning faster helps. But the difference is like 205 down to 198. Both are just fine.

I am no expert. But one of the legitimate experts once told me that if you are not hitting the AC cut-off point than you are not running hot.

Obvoiusly if you are comming close to that just tooling around town thats not good. But you get the idea.

The radiator cap is an important part of the coolant system and it is cheap. Cant hurt to put a new one on. But it does soumd lile your system is working well.
Thank you it can get exhausting asking a legitimate question before a long long cross country this was the best answer thus far. I havent dwonshifted going up hill as of yet but I will. The truck is loaded out now, rear drawer RTT spare 37 3 5 gal gas cans rack spare parts tools etc. so Im getting familiar with the LC under wiehgt. I drove it home form Alabama no probs no heat issues no uphills. So thanks for the answer.

thnks Phil. :flipoff2: Im rolling out saturday morning. Im still packing my backpacks and Im outta here.

I will be leaving the middle of next week for Utah for ~5 days if I dont catch you then Ill be back out north shortly after.

Reactions: RFB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom