Red Line- Customers 45LV Resto Mod Build " Pope's rig" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LV Tailgate rust repair
Checking fitment of the LP plate with the handle

DSC00838.JPG

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00905.JPG

DSC00906.JPG

DSC00908.JPG

SEM Primer does not require a paint booth so It got a little" dusty" in the air for a bit

DSC00915.JPG

DSC00919.JPG

DSC00931.JPG

DSC00936.JPG

DSC00935.JPG

It welds right through very well with no voracity!

DSC00939.JPG

DSC00941.JPG

DSC00945.JPG

DSC00946.JPG

DSC00948.JPG

"spot welding" clean up and the main structure is getting ready for the outer skin!

DSC00949.JPG

DSC00950.JPG

DSC00951.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

DSC00978.JPG

Done for now. What a chore, LOL. I'm happy with it!

DSC01068.JPG

DSC01077.JPG

So, how many hours in that gate? Or, were you too afraid to keep track? :)

That is a piece of art. :cheers:

About a hundred and twenty five pound work of art. I love that LC emblem. I bought an entire LV out of a junkyard once, mostly for that badge...

So, how many hours in that gate? Or, were you too afraid to keep track? :)

It took 3 weeks solid.
Thanks Dan

About a hundred and twenty five pound work of art. I love that LC emblem. I bought an entire LV out of a junkyard once, mostly for that badge...
Now That's dedication!

After the tailgate, something easy had to get done, so the 4WD vacuum hard lines were an easy target.

DSC01094.JPG

DSC01095.JPG

DSC01105.JPG

Power Brake Conversion
Made a adapter to fit exactly how we wanted it. We needed it to clear the Clutch master. Also using a 2wd Min truck booster to keep the brake master out of the carb. I tried the longer correct master ( disc/drum) 7/8" with the late vac. 2ndaries to no avail. We had both masters get into the side of the late carb so we are opting for a fuel return 1974 1F carb that will have Jimc work some magic on. I will be putting in a 2F A/C idle up main shaft in with the corresponding 1972 throttle cable set up, At least that's the plan. The fuel return carb set up is getting used so we can hopefully keep the fuel smell down in the clients garage. We will also have to mount a OEM fuel vapor separator with check valve and modify the LV tank to accept 3 pressure ports!
We all know the master is a disc/disc, so with that said Ill be putting on a rear brake bias valve. I'm also thinking about PC'ing the master. It's new aluminum finish is way out of place

DSC01836.JPG

DSC01844.JPG

DSC01845.JPG

DSC01846.JPG

F135 to F155 carb air cleaner conversion
Next on the agenda for a bit, is going to be the air cleaner, fuel lines, steering shaft, and brake lines. So first is the air cleaner. The thought is to keep the F135 air cleaner. We all know it wont work on the late F carb, so it's time to chop, graft and see what comes out!

DSC01944.JPG

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01950.JPG

DSC01970.JPG

DSC01971.JPG

Gutting the oil bath section and making a new ring for the new paper element

DSC01972.JPG

DSC01973.JPG

DSC01977.JPG

DSC01979.JPG

DSC01982.JPG

Great idea for the air cleaner. It looks like you are using a K&N filter. Any idea of an "off the shelf" filter that could be used for this application? It would be nice to be able to walk into an auto parts store and just buy a Fram element off the shelf.

Great idea for the air cleaner. It looks like you are using a K&N filter. Any idea of an "off the shelf" filter that could be used for this application? It would be nice to be able to walk into an auto parts store and just buy a Fram element off the shelf.
We tried the "off the shelf" normal paper elements" to no avail. So we had to opt to the k/n. It was actually on the shelf. Weird I know. part number B0059JH9C4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom