Red Line- Customers 45LV Resto Mod Build " Pope's rig" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bracket and spacer mods from different views

DSC08571.JPG

DSC08576.JPG

DSC08585.JPG

DSC08580.JPG

DSC08586.JPG

AC conversion
Condenser mock up is done. We do this mod as well. We are going to chop up a 2F engine hook and weld it to the VA Compressor bracket. Otherwise it's more difficult to remove the engine!

DSC08592.JPG

DSC08547.JPG

AC conversion
Line routing for the AC, bulkhead fitting method. I prefer this for multiple reasons. One being serviceability. Once the bulk head is in, it seals the cab and hose kits can be built to remove the assembly inside or engine side with far less mess! I decided to run a simple fitting from VA and install it below the oem blower unit. This should allow a clean look and easy connection for the unit inside.

Justin

DSC08605.JPG

DSC08608.JPG

DSC08609.JPG

AC conversion
Building the hose for the inside portion came out simple and clean

DSC08677.JPG

DSC08687.JPG

DSC08689.JPG

AC conversion
Installed another 6mm riv nut into the rad support for the supplied VA drier! I love riv nuts, they allow a "1 tool" serviceability for not only removing the "mock up" component but re-install of the same during final assembly and for the future shop or person to do any R/R maintenance! I bought a air supplied riv tool 2 years ago after using a hand press style tool for years, and the air tool is the best. Much more efficient for the amount of riv nuts we go through!

Justin

DSC08612.JPG

DSC08613.JPG

AC conversion
Mocking up for the 77-79 era water pump, fan clutch combo. This pic has a 80 plus fan and a non US shroud for reference to how close those components could be if we used them. Im going to stick with the US model shroud and 77-79 fan. So those will change out

DSC08641.JPG

DSC08640.JPG

AC conversion
Crimping and crafting the hoses for the AC components. Getting ready to weld the hook to the Vintage AC compressor bracket

Justin

DSC08678.JPG

DSC08690.JPG

DSC08661.JPG

DSC08714.JPG

Unless you’re relocating the battery tray those hoses could be an interference issue

Yes, we are moving it slightly just due to the compressor. We built the lines with the battery tray in, for mock up

Power steering conversion
Engine hook mod to the vintage air land cruiser compressor bracket done. Front leafs and shackles have been swapped out for our combo/ kit we use. 2.5" lift overall.
The start of our Power steering conversion. This is a box in frame plate kit we sell for the GM Saginaw boxes. We are going to stiffen both sides of the inner frame and plate over the Front x member cut out area to place the GM box where I prefer to place the box. With that said, over 15 years of doing this I like my boxes mounted as close to the engine as possible with out compromising the front x member. This allows us to use a long pitman arm, get both sides at full steering lock with out hitting the gear box/ pump bypass!

DSC08719.JPG

DSC08725.JPG

DSC08734.JPG

DSC08741.JPG

DSC08744.JPG

Power steering conversion
Side plates are squared and tacked into place. The front plate is traced inside, marked and hole sawed in apx 3/8" at a smaller diameter than the hole shape in the plate. The rest of the shape is plasma cut and de burred with roll locks and carbide burrs. We want some meat to weld left inside to weld the surround shape of the plate to the x member for more strength.

DSC08783.JPG

DSC08772.JPG

DSC08787.JPG

DSC08790.JPG
DSC08794.JPG

I’m no expert on wood but Ipe is a pretty robust hardwood that might work great up there.

Love the build.

I've had Ipe on my roof rack for 10+years and it still looks good.

Which pneumatic nutsert tool do you guys use?

Check out the Onyx pneumatic rivnut tool too. It's doesn't have the tank on it, so it fits in tight spaces easily.

I've had Ipe on my roof rack for 10+years and it still looks good.

Check out the Onyx pneumatic rivnut tool too. It's doesn't have the tank on it, so it fits in tight spaces easily.

Oh yes, I like that. I might have to go that route and have both!

power steering conversion
Mock up of box with mount, to get the centerline of the box placement at the rear of the frame x member. Once that is found, drilled a 1.75" Hole with a hole saw. Then moved the box and mount inwards for final box placement.

DSC08797.JPG

DSC08803.JPG

DSC08806.JPG

DSC08813.JPG

DSC08811.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom