Rebuild brake master or go new oem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bcsteel

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m on my third Napa brake master. Kept the original Toyota just in case the napa one turned out to be junk. They are junk...anyone had good success with rebuilding? Or just buy new aisin? This is a daily driver. Advice, thoughts?

Buy new, a go a couple more decades worry free.

Buy a new Aisin. They’re the OEM manufacturer and can be purchased from rockauto for a decent price.

Beck Arnley on RockAuto? I don't see Aisin listed. I think I've read on here that the BA packaged MCs are usually Aisin though.

I just received a jap aftermarket MC from Cruiser Corps. They said they like them a lot but I don't know the true brand. I would have ordered Beck Arnely off RockAuto if I had been sure it would be Aisin.

Beck Arnley on RockAuto? I don't see Aisin listed. I think I've read on here that the BA packaged MCs are usually Aisin though.

I just received a jap aftermarket MC from Cruiser Corps. They said they like them a lot but I don't know the true brand. I would have ordered Beck Arnely off RockAuto if I had been sure it would be Aisin.

I’ve sometimes had to search for the Aisin part number as they weren’t listed under the vehicle for some reason.

I search the Aisin part number and it comes up with the Beck Arnley MC along with two Cardone options. I think it's bringing up the BA part because it lists the Aisin part number under "Alternate/OEM Part Numbers".

So is this Aisin or not? Aisin MCs on ebay are about 3x this price.

More Information for BECK/ARNLEY 0728199

From what can gather Aisin has transferred their brake division to Advics. Also listed on Rockauto. Basically a subsidiary of Aisin.

Cruiser Outfitters has them, just FYI.

Just noticed that. Thx gotta call them for another part so I’ll get 2 birds stoned at once.

Beck Arnley or World Pack are decent quality if you cant find Aisin

I can find Aisin/Advics pretty easily on ebay, CityRacer or FJparts. Problem is I just didn't really want to spend $200.

Here is the aftermarket MC from @Cruiser Corps. It does not look anything like what was pictured when I ordered and doesn't really inspire confidence in me. It came with a MC bleeder kit with a made in chine sticker on it, and the customer service number on the paperwork in that kit is linked to Motorcar Parts of America in CA. I've sent CC an email to see what's up, but I'm thinking I'm going to return this, bend over and order Aisin.

wEkg2dg.jpg

kxps3VV.jpg

Sqy0UzB.jpg

If the bores look ok and only require minimal honing rebuild it your self. You might be surprised how easy it is and what a good fesult you can get.

I agree with @brew8, I rebuilt mine over a year ago and have had zero problems. I check the brake fluid level weekly and have yet to add to it. My MC did not have any rust or pitting in the bore. I used some 1000 grit wet/dry sand paper on a 3/4” wood dowel. Cleaned it out and replaced what I could with new parts. Easy.

My bj42 is a 1984. Advics is listed on rock auto. Will order from Cruiser outfitters they have aisin master cylinder for a very reasonable price. I’d go with them for either the rebuild kit or the MC just to support a forum vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom