Rebuild brake master or go new oem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've tried many MCs over the past 20 years. In the early days, I was easily enticed by the cheap aftermarket MCs. I thought if it was sold by the "nation's foremost Land Cruiser restorer" (in Texas), it must be good stuff. Today, I can tell you there is no way I will use a MC that is not made by Aisin / Advics. The junk MCs I got typically lasted half as long, and then it dripped brake fluid into the brake booster, taking that out as well. I won't forget that moment after I installed the OEM MC for the for first time, after many years of owning my Cruiser. It was like, damn I can't believe all these years I thought lousy brakes was normal!

I can find Aisin/Advics pretty easily on ebay, CityRacer or FJparts. Problem is I just didn't really want to spend $200.

Here is the aftermarket MC from @Cruiser Corps. It does not look anything like what was pictured when I ordered and doesn't really inspire confidence in me. It came with a MC bleeder kit with a made in chine sticker on it, and the customer service number on the paperwork in that kit is linked to Motorcar Parts of America in CA. I've sent CC an email to see what's up, but I'm thinking I'm going to return this, bend over and order Aisin.

wEkg2dg.jpg

kxps3VV.jpg

Sqy0UzB.jpg
I can find Aisin/Advics pretty easily on ebay, CityRacer or FJparts. Problem is I just didn't really want to spend $200.

Here is the aftermarket MC from @Cruiser Corps. It does not look anything like what was pictured when I ordered and doesn't really inspire confidence in me. It came with a MC bleeder kit with a made in chine sticker on it, and the customer service number on the paperwork in that kit is linked to Motorcar Parts of America in CA. I've sent CC an email to see what's up, but I'm thinking I'm going to return this, bend over and order Aisin.

wEkg2dg.jpg

kxps3VV.jpg

Sqy0UzB.jpg
I completely agree that the product image is different. It appears that our supplier has switched the design as well as the possible quality.

We will be offering an Advics option on this as soon as we can and have sent you an RMA# We will pay all shipping as well as a full refund.

I apologize for the issue. We know that there are options out there and want our customers happy with quality.

Thanks Mike

I completely agree that the product image is different. It appears that our supplier has switched the design as well as the possible quality.

We will be offering an Advics option on this as soon as we can and have sent you an RMA# We will pay all shipping as well as a full refund.

I apologize for the issue. We know that there are options out there and want our customers happy with quality.

Thanks Mike

Mike, I spoke with a lady in customer service this morning and she took care of me just fine.

I've tried many MCs over the past 20 years. In the early days, I was easily enticed by the cheap aftermarket MCs. I thought if it was sold by the "nation's foremost Land Cruiser restorer" (in Texas), it must be good stuff. Today, I can tell you there is no way I will use a MC that is not made by Aisin / Advics. The junk MCs I got typically lasted half as long, and then it dripped brake fluid into the brake booster, taking that out as well. I won't forget that moment after I installed the OEM MC for the for first time, after many years of owning my Cruiser. It was like, damn I can't believe all these years I thought lousy brakes was normal!

I would normally second this opinion of "nations foremost" parts as they've just never held up for me... or often even fit correctly. The one exception being the scraggly MC I bought from them for my '78. Two decades later the dang thing is still hanging in there. It doesn't have any of those little restrictors where the lines connect and looks like a beaver did the finish work. I've had a new OEM model on stand-by for years, too. Maybe they used to sell better stuff down Tejas way. I dunno. I flush the mc and lines every two or three years so that could have something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom