Raptor Liner Tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if it is possible to purchase the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator Green tint? I really like this color scheme and I think it would look great on my Troopy.

If anyone has any ideas, please post your comments.

1601020493887.png

I understand that would not be an issue in the US. Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, I currently live in Japan and I don’t think that I have seen a paint shop (dealer) other than a professional spray shop.

Where are you getting the Raptor liner? Maybe they would have suggestions?

I usually order it via Amazon. I’m going to try TCP Global and see if the can mix the tint for me. If they can, I’ll report back.

I know Amazon sells some urethane tints for exactly this kind of purpose - like this: Amazon product ASIN B07MFVSNQ4
You aren't likely to find the exact color, but I'd search Amazon for "urethane tint" and see what you come up with.

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know that there were other colors available.

You need to find a paint supplier who will mix the BINDER only. Very few paint supply shops know how to do this or want to do this for some reason. We use a Sherwin Williams near us as they know how to provide just the binder. You'll need the paint code for the Jeep color obviously. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone able to ship it to you in Japan.

If you get the correct binder, you'll get a really good color match.

Thanks, but the problem is, I’m in Japan for the time being. I could easily have something re-shipped to me or sent to my mom, but so far all of the shops want to speak to me in person. TCP replied and stated that they could do it, but want me to call. I may end up doing that, but the time difference is always an issue. Nevertheless, I’ll get it sorted out by the end of the week, fingers-crossed.

If you are referring to the Tundra Army Green, it’s too green. The photo that I posted doesn’t really due the color justice. There is a YouTube video of the reveal of the Gladiator in Moab, I believe. It really shows the contrast between tan and green in daylight. That’s what I would like to accomplish with my Troopy. I’m going to try to replicate all three colors, Gator Green for the chassis, Gobi for the Alu-cab roof and black for the wheel arches.

You need to find a paint supplier who will mix the BINDER only. Very few paint supply shops know how to do this or want to do this for some reason. We use a Sherwin Williams near us as they know how to provide just the binder. You'll need the paint code for the Jeep color obviously. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone able to ship it to you in Japan.

If you get the correct binder, you'll get a really good color match.

No, you want everything EXCEPT the binder. You just need the tint.

No, you want everything EXCEPT the binder. You just need the tint.

Corrected. I thought that looked funny. Lol. Right. NO binders...just the tint. That seemed to be what confused some of the paint suppliers...and me apparently :)

TCP Global just emailed me and they can mix the tints for me. Thanks for everyone's comments/suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom