Builds Project 'Fresh Start' RestoMod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2nd TC split case ready for the R2.8, completely rebuilt with all new internals

Tailgate complete

Filling in where the idiot made holes in the wrong place

BA23D294-A108-4591-97D1-9AC1F8D6B087.jpeg
Amazing builds. Really look forward to seeing them done. Re:colors - my other interest is old Porsche’s - so one of the colors I have always liked is the 356 Modegrau.

OK... for those of you that may be interested in powder coating at home
I've always wanted to powder coat stuff myself as I'm fed up with taking parts to my local guy and spending a small fortune and waiting for the sh!t to get done. So I made a little investment ....

Eastwood starter Kit ... $165
5 more lbs of powder ... like $70.00
Nice oven off Kijiji ... $150
Panel breaker/electrical ... $60.00
Total ... Under $500.00

Result ... awesome !!!
This was so easy, should have done this a long time ago but I was a little intimidated.

Kit has it all, bag of plugs, heat safe tape, hanging wire etc.

Approx 13 mins at 450 degrees until it flows, then 20 mins at 400 deg. to cure

Nice build ... looks like the frame number was covered over by the shackle reversal ... your not in one of those state that will give you a hard time about that? I hope

We had done that to mine (before we realized what we did 26? years ago) ... one of these years I’ll have to cut out a window and hope that we didn’t mess up the number

You have a fantastic build going on !!

Thanks Johnny !!
Just north of you in Toronto Canada, as long as the turkeys here can see a VIN and I have an up to date exhaust with CAT (which I do) they don't care about anything else

Cheers
Steve

OK... for those of you that may be interested in powder coating at home
I've always wanted to powder coat stuff myself as I'm fed up with taking parts to my local guy and spending a small fortune and waiting for the sh!t to get done. So I made a little investment ....

Eastwood starter Kit ... $165
5 more lbs of powder ... like $70.00
Nice oven off Kijiji ... $150
Panel breaker/electrical ... $60.00
Total ... Under $500.00

Result ... awesome !!!
This was so easy, should have done this a long time ago but I was a little intimidated.

Kit has it all, bag of plugs, heat safe tape, hanging wire etc.

Approx 13 mins at 450 degrees until it flows, then 20 mins at 400 deg. to cure

Nice job. For an internship I worked for a exercise equipment company, we powder coated at 420 for the entire bake. Paper/masking tape can be used for masking but paper ignites at 451 F.

Will do ... let me get some more pics and will complete a full description for those interested
Cheers
Steve

Parking Brake
OK, so using the BTB parking brake kit we ditched the housing/cage (that hangs way low) and welded up some brackets that holds the callipers in the perfect position on top. Bracket have been welded onto the tranny crossmember. The actuator is from eBay, and has a 200lb compression with a 60lb spring ... with the actuator bolted onto the crossmember the whole thing is completely removable in seconds. The toggle switch will be mounted on the dash with a simple ON/OFF switch.

IMG_8021 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Bolted onto crossmember

IMG_8023 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_8025 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom