Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I (Ryan) tried to defeat the TPMS with Techstream without success. I ended up using a chunk of PVC pipe.

Finished installing the beadlocks...
IMG_20200408_232028_374.jpg
IMG_20200408_134451.jpg
IMG_20200408_224153.jpg
IMG_20200408_224223.jpg

The TRD pro wheels are +4mm offset. For the spare, I actually need to get a definitive answer on if I can run a 255/80r17 as a spare because that should fit underneath. Ive heard some people say that the spare has to be the exact same size or it will damage components of the drivetrain because of the full-time awd system. A 285/70r17 will fit underneath but only if it’s deflated and then it can be inflated with onboard air when needed. Right now the stock spare has TPMS so if I swap it out for an un inflated tire it will trigger the dash alert 🤔 I don’t really have a good solution at the moment other than investing in a rear mounted tire carrier.
I tried it with mine and it rubbed on the track bar.

Ok so that just further confirms what I've heard that anything larger than 265/70/17 will rub the track bar even when deflated. Someone said getting a 285/70/17 in place is a hassle even when deflated. Personally I think I'd go with a becky tire carrier or maybe a bumper. That said I have a second set of wheels with street tires I got cheap from a new 4runner to make it a more comfortable daily so maybe I'll just throw it in the back and call it a day.

Speaking of tire carries....I want to build something like this someday....maybe. I can’t decide if it’s a good idea or bad—probably a bad one lol.

what do you guys think?

Last one was made by Kaymar.

718D2FCB-470F-456A-8B39-96DFAD34C92E.png
71FD621C-6746-4D0B-A672-662F19D7A70C.jpeg
1AB780C9-43D2-4D16-833B-5D90BFDBD14D.jpeg
62103C6B-D90F-4401-BF0E-CEC7E26EB1D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of tire carries....I want to build something like this someday....maybe. I can’t decide if it’s a good idea or bad—probably a bad one lol.

what do you guys think?

Last one was made by Kaymar.

View attachment 2266156View attachment 2266157View attachment 2266158View attachment 2266159
Down that low you’ll hate it off-road in my opinion. I would drag mine or hit it coming off rocks on 35s with it way higher than that hope this helps. Again just my opinion

Down that low you’ll hate it off-road in my opinion. I would drag mine or hit it coming off rocks on 35s with it way higher than that hope this helps. Again just my opinion

True, I’m not currently planning to ditch the stock bumper but I didn’t think about the increased departure angle. I don’t anticipate doing anything too extreme with the 62 but I may be being naive. Will need a gofundme for a full Kaymar, Dobinsons, 4x4labs or 4plus rear bar 😂

I got my new unbent axle housing on Monday from Classic Cruisers in Colorado, but then little momma diverted me to pimping out our pergola with sun shade fabric and party lights, then I got called back into work.

I got five days off coming up and the front axle build will begin followed by installation of the new OME suspension, wheels and tires.

New axle housing is on the left. It looks like it has spring perches on both sides. What’s up with that? Is that factory or a mod for spring over?

0A3A0669-AB01-42EE-B357-4347397B8C3B.jpeg

FE8D899E-CB7B-40BB-9199-C319250BC22B.jpeg

I got my new unbent axle housing on Monday from Classic Cruisers in Colorado, but then little momma diverted me to pimping out our pergola with sun shade fabric and party lights, then I got called back into work.

I got five days off coming up and the front axle build will begin followed by installation of the new OME suspension, wheels and tires.

New axle housing is on the left. It looks like it has spring perches on both sides. What’s up with that? Is that factory or a mod for spring over?

View attachment 2267344

View attachment 2267345
(poorly executed) homebrew spring over perches... most folks don't cut the bottom perches off when they do it.

View attachment 2267344

View attachment 2267345

they are just u bolt holders keeps them straight and parallel. I’ve seen them on other axles i thought they came on the newer 40’s

7EF79686-C0E5-4192-8EAB-C830C6B7964F.jpeg

brakes on the Tundra. Not down to the squeakers yet but failed inspection. I have PowerStop set on order. I put a cheap set of pads on to get me throw Inspection.

View attachment 2267641
brakes on the Tundra. Not down to the squeakers yet but failed inspection. I have PowerStop set on order. I put a cheap set of pads on to get me throw Inspection.
I made the mistake of taking my 80 to a brake shop last year for the inspection... guess what the only issue they found was? Brakes... what a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom