Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally getting around to fixing my saw.....on the kitchen island.....if any one is wondering it is sitting on a frozen pizza box.

Bachelor hardcore
20191121_175705.jpg

Decided to do the valve covers, clean up the engine bay, paint the valve covers, etc. The valve covers have been insanely time-consuming, but being patient and taking the time has made them look great! The other side is drying, I put about four coats of paint and then about three to four coats of clear.

signal-2019-11-24-105719.jpg

IMG_20191124_115259.jpg
IMG_20191124_090544.jpg
IMG_20191124_090818.jpg

Got my answer; must lock center diff then good to go with no front d/s.
Did it run smooth with front DS pulled?
Also, with a double cardan shaft, you must pay attention to your pinion angle in relation to your upper cv shaft down angle.
The pinion should point up to the tcase output.
1574741581225.jpeg

That looks really good! What kind of paint did you use?
That looks really good! What kind of paint did you use?

Thanks

I used two different products, but I got them locally at advance auto. Dupli color engine enamel and then dupli color engine enamel gloss clear.

I just wanted to say hey to everyone without starting a new thread! Sorry I have been MIA. I got resigned and part of that is teaching every Wednesday night for the last year so that's why I haven't been at meetings. I have also been taking care of my dad which has taken a load of time. I have done some work to the FJ but there is still a lot to do. I just renewed my TLCA membership so it motivated me to sign in and get back involved. I hope to make it to a meeting soon as my Wednesdays should be clear soon. Once I get all the electric on my FJ sorted out I will be ready to wheel. I now have a bada$$ bumper and warn up front! I still need some better skids, but I will handle that after the holidays. I really am sorry for being so unconnected but I promise to get back in the mix. My family situation is very demanding. I hope everyone is doing well!

I just wanted to say hey to everyone without starting a new thread! Sorry I have been MIA. I got resigned and part of that is teaching every Wednesday night for the last year so that's why I haven't been at meetings. I have also been taking care of my dad which has taken a load of time. I have done some work to the FJ but there is still a lot to do. I just renewed my TLCA membership so it motivated me to sign in and get back involved. I hope to make it to a meeting soon as my Wednesdays should be clear soon. Once I get all the electric on my FJ sorted out I will be ready to wheel. I now have a bada$$ bumper and warn up front! I still need some better skids, but I will handle that after the holidays. I really am sorry for being so unconnected but I promise to get back in the mix. My family situation is very demanding. I hope everyone is doing well!
Great to hear from you. Family first, always. We’ll be here when you are ready. I’m assuming you meant reassigned?

Hi folks - I'm a relatively new 100 series owner and looking for a mechanic recommendation in Northern Virginia. I'm slowly starting to learn how to work on the truck myself but there's quite a bit where I need help. I've had good experiences with Lance @ Iron Pig but unfortunately he's about an hour away (ditto for OTRAMM). Any other mechanics that people have had good luck with in the area?

Hi folks - I'm a relatively new 100 series owner and looking for a mechanic recommendation in Northern Virginia. I'm slowly starting to learn how to work on the truck myself but there's quite a bit where I need help. I've had good experiences with Lance @ Iron Pig but unfortunately he's about an hour away (ditto for OTRAMM). Any other mechanics that people have had good luck with in the area?
I'd honestly just make the trek to @OTRAMM. He's the best in the biz, lots of people travel a lot further than an hour to have him work on their truck.

Anyone have suggestions on how to prep and paint sliders/skids? I got them in bare metal and theres a lot of conflicting info online about whats the best way to go about painting. I know they'll get scratched up when I use them so they don't need to be perfect but I don't want the paint to just fall off.

I'm planning to remove the oil then sand with 80 grit to then prep them for paint. I was thinking of using a few coats of rustoleum self etching primer followed by several coats of enamel paint.

Any suggestions or critiques from guys with experience would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom