Power window inop when hot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driver (right) side power window stops working when the ambient temperature is hot, which is often here in Vegas. I noticed a while back when the old battery voltage was low the window was intermittent. Now, when I use the window switch the voltage on the dash gauge drops while the switch is actuated (engine running). I took a video, but it’s probably more obvious to a more electrically-savvy individual. The battery is less than a year old, hasn’t failed to start, has normal voltage, but hasn’t been tested. Alternator hasn’t been tested either. All other electrics work fine. Vehicle is LJ71 Prado with 2LTE.

Have you looked inside the door? Debris may be causing some issues.

Lubricate any moving parts and check the wiring.

@afnos , I haven't seen you driving around town. Send me a private conversation and you can swing by my place and we can take a look at it. It is probably the switch or motor. I wouldn't think it is the alternator or battery.

Automotive Rebuilt Exchange on Commerce in Vegas does a great job. They rebuild both my Steering Box and Alternator over 4 years ago. I highly recommend them for either job.

@Waikato Willy, is that compatibility with a similar model year US spec FJ80? Looking at my local O’Reilly’s, they have some reman’d units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom