Post up what you pedal (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice pair. Here’s my SWorks Stumpy and full carbon Epic

1F32CB98-9CF7-47C1-8396-EA9B8C8C9917.jpeg

4AF36EFD-178A-4606-A83E-B53CED775153.jpeg

Built a set of wheels this weekend to upgrade my ride.

Chris King
Spank 359
DT Competition 2.0/1.8

Came in at 915/1040g without tape or valves. Light weight was not my primary criteria. Just wanted a solid set of wheels to handle my 200lb+ weight and what ever poor decisions a guy my size on an enduro bike might make.

9AEDFC95-30C2-4F2D-81E5-AFF99D5E37CE.jpeg

347086FD-A3CA-461D-9D1C-41B99F3B834E.jpeg

34F7DCEF-D580-4DDE-95C2-B91BB400E8A6.jpeg

My gravel and TT bikes both hand made in Des Moines, IA by the fine folks at Dimond bikes. The TT is fast AF and stable in all winds. The gravel is simply a nice change from the other. Unfortunately won’t be riding either for awhile as I’m having a lumbar artificial disc replacement tomorrow morning. Be kind to your body all 👍🏼

JC

Full Side (Crumbaugh).jpeg

Side Jeff.jpeg

My newest ride. Had to buy both bikes to get a deal...going to keep the blue one and sell the brown one once I swap the tub and adjustable stem over. Dog loves the tub. He rides on the deck too, but its a bit sketchy if I have to brake hard or turn quick and he's standing up.
IMG_20230422_104258035.jpg

I've got a new wheel on order to replace the 15 lb motorized rear wheel. Once I strip the electric crap off it'll pedal even better.

I like the tan one, but the blue one is a newer, lighter frame, has some custom rear drop-out brackets to fit the 27.5 rear wheel, XT 10 speed and hydraulic disc. It just rolls way better than the tan one.

Did about 18 miles yesterday running errands around town, bike shop & groceries.
IMG_20230421_123733130.jpg

Stop off for a dog walk.

IMG_20230413_200911372.jpg

quick side track to this awesome thread. as you see i lost my bike and am now trying to replace it. i had a canyon spectral 29 al 6. it’s not available right now. they have a special edition version available but it runs ohlins suspension. i don’t know anything about it but the reviews i read are positive. anyone ride ohlins rxf36 front and ttx2 rear? i had a lyric on my last version. any comparisons? wondering if i’ll regret getting the special edition version. everything else is the same. just suspension changed!

Lot’s of love for Ohlins, i have no personal experience though.

I would expect them to feel closer to fox, with their moto heritage. I personally don’t like the feel of the rockshox stuff, but i grew up riding dirt bikes… totally preference though. The rockshox stuff i’ve had held up just fine though.

Specialized is having some crazy good sales on the stumpy and stumpy evo lines right now… i love my 22 stumpy carbon

well i did it. i ordered the spectral 29 FW version to replace the one i lost. i’m need a bike for a family trip this summer and missed the chance to order the same spectral i had before. i don’t know when it’ll be back in stock but didn’t want to miss the chance to even get this one if it sold out and i was left with no bike. seems like it’s a small step up in terms of suspension but i guess we’ll see. i do have a dealer where i live that sells bikes with ohlins so i should be able to get local support should i need it. cross fingers!! should be here in a couple weeks
IMG_5591.png

my replacement fat bike came today. it’s a significant upgrade as i got a really good sale. it’s a panorama chic choks full carbon with xt components. it’s actually a demo that was taken to one show but never ridden. they included free pedals and free shipping plus 30% off the bike!! the seat is dumb and i don’t like the dropper post remote too much but those are easy to swap. i’m also going to do hope brakes again because they were awesome and the levels are not

camphoto_126398554.jpeg

it’s also got a bit of a shorter cockpit compared to my old norco. thatll be a better fit for me i think as i have long legs and a shorter torso. i really felt i had to reach a long way when i had my seat up. this one is a bit more comfortable for my body dimensions!! very excited to ride it!

Rode in a local event, 50 mile option. The pavement in Griffith Park (LA) is horrible. Good weather to grind out a half century, 3,200' climbing. Used a cushy mtb saddle, which helped with the rough surfaces.

gl2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom