permanently installed air compressor(s) (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Much better to have you compressor in a cool spot. There much more efficient pumping cool air.
Inside front bumper.

Interesting idea
Wish I could take credit for it, but that was Joey’s idea. I believe he has or had a tank mounted under the bumper. Not sure if the compressor is there as well, but it may be. This is a few years back, before the cartwheel.

Sorted my compressor - when I re-fitted it I'd mis-wired the + feed of the solenoid to the very close by earth bolt instead of to the main + stud of the solenoid.

One issue with mine that I'm still to sort besides the idea of a moisture trap on the output is arranging the air connector so it's easier to join up to. My shelf that the compressor is bolted to gives an easy way to secure a bracket that a single (or more) nitto's can fixed to and then a different tap and some kind of hose between the compressor and the relocated nitto fitting.

Sorted my compressor - when I re-fitted it I'd mis-wired the + feed of the solenoid to the very close by earth bolt instead of to the main + stud of the solenoid.

One issue with mine that I'm still to sort besides the idea of a moisture trap on the output is arranging the air connector so it's easier to join up to. My shelf that the compressor is bolted to gives an easy way to secure a bracket that a single (or more) nitto's can fixed to and then a different tap and some kind of hose between the compressor and the relocated nitto fitting.

Is the OEM jack accessible with it mounted like that ?
You could just put a 90 fitting on there then the drier and then the quick fitting

I don't use the OEM jack location - and I've removed the bracket/holder for it. Did that about 5 yrs ago.

I do use an OEM screw jack though with a LCP adaptor. Got the jack via partsouq (as amayama refused to ship one from Japan to Australia). and it sits in a different spot.

a 90 deg fitting is certainly a simple solution. The tiny air tap leaves a lot to be desired.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys see as the main advantages of permanent onboard air? I've always just relied on my air up/down "go-bag":
20230118_084655.jpg

Simple and compact. Connects via an Anderson connector I have in the rear left quarter panel. I can see the need for onboard air with air lockers, but without that, I've never found myself wanting something permanently installed. Where has it helped you guys out?

20221219_140828.jpg

Out of curiosity, what do you guys see as the main advantages of permanent onboard air? I've always just relied on my air up/down "go-bag":
View attachment 3222180
Simple and compact. Connects via an Anderson connector I have in the rear left quarter panel. I can see the need for onboard air with air lockers, but without that, I've never found myself wanting something permanently installed. Where has it helped you guys out?
You don't have to worry about the compressor hitting you in the head on a role over. simple, plug the hose in and start filling up tires

View attachment 3222180
Personal taste has a lot to do with it and if you run off road much, airing down and back up, unpacking a bag and packing it back up each time, not to mention connecting and disconnecting the power. Time, energy and wear and tear on things - with the compressor mounted and a hose handy - it just makes sense.

I just finished my ARB twin compressor. No tank needed for my uses. I put a circuit breaker in the engine compartment rather than fusing it so that I can fully kill the whole thing when I'm not using it and there is no chance of it accidentally turning on.
I used the third seat bracket as the base and built a steel box that I welded onto it. It sure helped to have a friend with a plasma table and another shop nearby with a press brake. :)
I used a push button husky air fitting. They take both types of male ends and are easy to disconnect under pressure if need be.
Super happy with how it all turned out.

Compressor_1.JPG

Compressor_3.JPG

Compressor_4.JPG

Compressor_Final.JPG

Where did you get the bracket for the windshield washer . Installing dual battery setup and need to find a home for it. 97 Lexus

Where did you get the bracket for the windshield washer . Installing dual battery setup and need to find a home for it. 97 Lexus
The one in the picture is a Slee, about half the price of the Delta

My solution in the engine bay:
the airtank reduces the filling time significantly - the time to switch the hoses to the next tire is used to pressurize the tank
a Y-piece and two hoses equally filling each axles tires safes filling time further since the common bottleneck are in this configuration the schrader valves
the cooling of the compressor by the airflow of the ventilator ist better than putting it somewhere on the ground and wait for convection
wiring is short from the battery to avoid voltage drop, guided along the original cable harnesses path
several times intensively tested and approved in the Sahara desert

Regards Simon
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-10 at 20.27.45.jpeg

Neat idea to have an air tank where an aux battery would otherwise go - with mine as I have removed the spare wheel from underneath if I did link up a bigger external tank it would go under the back I could use a protection system like what's used for LPG tanks to give it impact protection.

Morrflate 10.6cfm compressor shoved into the battery tray. air line runs down the frame rail. View attachment 3215374View attachment 3215375
I have what looks to be the same but in red. Bought the battery tray but haven't installed it yet . 35" tire at 16psi to 32psi was quite fast and it wasn't that loud.

Most rated CFM is at 0 psi unless other wise stated.

I have what looks to be the same but in red. Bought the battery tray but haven't installed it yet . 35" tire at 16psi to 32psi was quite fast and it wasn't that loud.

Most rated CFM is at 0 psi unless other wise stated.
There are some upgrades to the morrflate in quality and parts like hose ends and additions to help with rattling handles. Main build is the same.

From the website

Air up a set of 35″ tires in under 5 minutes (with a MF 4 Tire Kit)*
10.6 CFM dual cylinder compressor at 0 PSI
6.5 CFM at 30 psi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom