ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6E5ED39D-96CE-426D-AD31-EC04B6895CFA.jpeg

Heads up everybody. Harris Teeter has pork butts for .99/lb thru Wednesday. That's down from the the regular $3/lb. Looks like a good time to start experimenting, maybe even with (ugh..."indoor methods").

^Nice. I got a new smoker and it's time to practice. Thanks.

I've been complaining about all these downed limbs in my back yard.

Last night I fired up the Primo Oval and was going to do some steaks for ourselves and some guest/friends.

Then it hit me . . . . .all these sticks I have been putting out to the road to have the city pick up . . . .they are pecan. In KC, pecan was hard to come by and my favorite as a replacement for oak.

So I walked over to some sticks, broke them up and made some REALLY tasty steaks :)

I've been complaining about all these downed limbs in my back yard.

Last night I fired up the Primo Oval and was going to do some steaks for ourselves and some guest/friends.

Then it hit me . . . . .all these sticks I have been putting out to the road to have the city pick up . . . .they are pecan. In KC, pecan was hard to come by and my favorite as a replacement for oak.

So I walked over to some sticks, broke them up and made some REALLY tasty steaks :)
And now the care/maintenance/eventual felling of that tree are justifiable work expense that can be written off. Or at least attempted!

For both safety of the property, as well as for cooking materials ;)

Picked this up fro TJ the other day..... it's a damn good seasoning.
20180710_200731.jpg

Some midnight salsa experiments.... haven’t ever really made my own but wanted to try!
Tomato’s
Cilantro
Chives
Green onions
Green chilies
Salt
And some habanero lime seasoning

So far not so bad not the taste I want so salsa trial 1 unsuccessful but I’ll try again after I finish this batch.

image.jpg

funny.... did a late night batch of salsa as well last night. Trying to keep up with Rice's garden while hes at the beach.
all i can say is the jalepeno or the pablano one was a bit warm :D

I was lucky enough to try some @jfz80 's pepper jelly. It is AMAZING - not too hot, not too sweet, not to weak . . .just awesome!
@jfz80 if you have some left or plans to make some more I’d love a jar to try. Would gladly compensate you for your efforts. :)

If you buy a used radiator, he gives it away!!

funny.... did a late night batch of salsa as well last night. Trying to keep up with Rice's garden while hes at the beach.
all i can say is the jalepeno or the pablano one was a bit warm :D

This one wasn’t enough maybe like a Hot Cheeto spice, I need to get on your level with some good jalepenos or hotter I think I need some garlic or something else to control my tomato flavor...

This one was
5 tomatoes
5 cloves garlic
5 jalepenos - 4 de seeded
2 lime juiced
1 red onion
1/2 bunch cilantro

This one was
5 tomatoes
5 cloves garlic
5 jalepenos - 4 de seeded
2 lime juiced
1 red onion
1/2 bunch cilantro

I think I’m going to add some garlic helopinos and lime on the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom