Builds Olive '78 Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swapped the correct axles back under the truck and out the Downey 4” lift on. Aside from CCOTs 5/8” shackle bolts needed the bushings drilled out to fit, it went together very easily.

Now that all my parts are in transit, I should be able to set the motor in next week.

A4755D67-F574-4845-82BA-F71F05FA249F.jpeg

4F259182-19DB-4AC1-8D3A-06D4DB89F5D9.jpeg

0C554F4E-34E8-4DE2-8515-103A1337E1BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Swapped the correct axles back under the truck and out the Downey 4” lift on. Aside from CCOTs 5/8” shackle bolts needed the bushings drilled out to fit, it went together very easily.

Now that all my parts are in transit, I should be able to set the motor in next week.

View attachment 3037135

View attachment 3037136

View attachment 3037137

View attachment 3037138
In the future, get the proper height jack stands. That's some sketchy sh!t. You're lucky that stack of wood didn't collapse. Don't do that again.

In the future, get the proper height jack stands. That's some sketchy sh!t. You're lucky that stack of wood didn't collapse. Don't do that again.
Haha, I’m well aware of what I was doing. My tall jack stands aren’t here. If it was going to move I wouldn’t have done it.

It'll stay like that for a minute and a half or so. :( I 'accidentally' waxed one fender with hydraulic fluid the other day. Looks good for now. I'll update after awhile. BTW, that fender was not factory paint.

It'll stay like that for a minute and a half or so. :( I 'accidentally' waxed one fender with hydraulic fluid the other day. Looks good for now. I'll update after awhile. BTW, that fender was not factory paint.
Haha, you gotta do the right steps to seal it. I use 6mo-1yr sealants from gyeon and it saves the paint. Trick is hydrating what’s left of the paint.

I have never tried any sealant, just good paste wax. It looks great right after you do it.

That said, the hydraulic oil looks great after a day. ;) My overfilled PS pump spit some out. I wiped the most of it with a wad of paper towels, then I noticed some spatter on the fender and I didn't think ahead about using the now-soaked wad of paper towels to wipe the fender. Damage done, I did the whole thing to even it out.

Nate just came across your thread. Man a lot has happened in a short amount of time. I still go to Bluewater every time I fly in to San Diego. Did you find that bolt for the axle vent? I'm sure I probably have one I can rob off something.

Nate just came across your thread. Man a lot has happened in a short amount of time. I still go to Bluewater every time I fly in to San Diego. Did you find that bolt for the axle vent? I'm sure I probably have one I can rob off something.
Hey Roma! Don't tease me with the thought of Bluewater! Idaho does not have a fine selection of seafood :(

WRT the bolt, no dice. I need to call classic cruisers for that one, just haven't put time aside to do that. If you have one that isn't put to use, I'd gladly compensate you.

Heck yea, that's gorgeous!

Enjoying the updates.

Mike
The Godfather himself gracing me?!

Great work Natee
Thanks Jimmy! Hopefully you will see it in Colorado...
That thing looks new!
Thanks Jorge! Worst vehicle to polish, ever
Motor looks so good Nate. Excellent work on the paint too... Guess you're good for somethin!
HA! Don't hand me a welder and expect anything pretty but I'm pretty good at removing old stuff and installing new

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom