Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came home from rounding up the kids to an @beno box.

This is a straight up baller box. I could have used a roll of hose and hose clamps and junk but this thing is going in the right way. Even got a Toyota Throwout Bearing. That bitch cost as much as the whole Amazon Aisin clutch kit

IMG_1688.JPG

Metric bubble flare kit to flare the fuel line where we are tapping in with the electric pump

IMG_1686.JPG

And lastly the KC housings for the Stark LEDs.

IMG_1687.JPG

@wngrog You will have to do a little write-up on those housings with the LED lamps. Curious as to why you went with the KC Lites and not the ARB or Cibie?

@wngrog You will have to do a little write-up on those housings with the LED lamps. Curious as to why you went with the KC Lites and not the ARB or Cibie?

No real reason other than the amount of reflector space on the KC looks like it would put out more light than the ARB. I've not done a side by side.

It has Stark/Roundeyes on it before but since the Roundeyes had a nice dull look to them I moved em over to my Patina 40.

Little work today but the little I got done was satisfying.

Simple Green and spray paint.

IMG_1706.JPG
IMG_1713.JPG

I'm so excited about how clean the engine Bay turned out. Also, losing the carb fan, headlight washer, coil, vacuum, fuel filter....the list is long.

IMG_1702.JPG

Picked up all the fluids today. Just need a couple gallons of distilled water.

IMG_1709.JPG

I bought a ceramic coated header 8 years ago and it held up really well. I just added some high temp to make it pretty

So Fastnal delivers here Monday Wednesday and Friday.

I've thrashed every spare minute for the last 2 weeks because some great friends agreed to come lend their expertise this weekend.

So I am asking for the Mud Energy Circle to form to make this delivery happen tomorrow.

I bought real beer and thawed the meat for the Skottle

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

I even hooked up the trailer.

IMG_1714.JPG

I'll know by 8 am......

So can't you track that package?! Where is it at?!!!
Oh and for the AFI unit, did you extend the harness at all? I know looking at their site you have the option too but never knew if it was "needed"??

So can't you track that package?! Where is it at?!!!
Oh and for the AFI unit, did you extend the harness at all? I know looking at their site you have the option too but never knew if it was "needed"??

I got the longest option they had.

As for tracking. It's a weird system. Cheap but you get what you pay for.

When I bought the motor I had 2 weeks for it to get here. PayPal decided to make my payment an Echeck for some reason and that delayed shipping a bit.

60 section quan is weak. The motor did not make it. Looks like it will be next weekend when we stab it. Hope it arrives early in the week so I have time to build it up at an easy pace.

I'll continue cleaning, prepping and painting. All good.

IMG_1739.JPG

Terrible. I'm enjoying all the pics of preparations though.

I have you a fuel pump block off plate.

It's hot this weekend. Maybe it's best.

blue moon and sam adams?

was the store sold out of all the other beverages?

That's bad? I drink old-guy-trying-to-stay-thin-because-his-wife-is-hot beer so I dunno.

blue moon and sam adams?

was the store sold out of all the other beverages?

His usual is Michelob Ultra. No one will be complaining, even if we have to slum it for a few days.

**** Fastenal. That's a scam IMO.

Pay a bit more and get the pallet to you when you need it.

I tell this to everyone: if you really need something when you need it one is going to pay to have it done correctly.

Life goes on. You can drive Patina in the interim. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom