Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet.. can't wait to see it done

In my quest to make everything as simple as possible after this is finished I removed the rear heater.

IMG_1408.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1410.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG

Pulling stuff off the motor. I said I was going to wait until the new motor was here but I couldn't.

IMG_1413.JPG

I went ahead and ordered a water pump. This one is gross.

Get after it

Plane ticket bought to MEM.

@FJ60Cam is getting pressure to make an appearance.

Or, at least to pick me up from the ****in airport. Lots of zombies running around MEM.

Off to Tilda Bogue. Get the s*** together @wngrog

If you actually need a ride from the airport, don't be afraid to give me a shout. You are correct about the zombies.

So I worked a little and cleaned a little today. All the parts I took off have 3 decades of crap on them. I'll paint it all before it goes back on.

IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1437.JPG

I pulled the truck around to the future lift worthy shop pad to get a nice level surface to pull the motor on Sunday.

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

At about 3 I decided to go fetch the engine hoist out of the equipment shed so I could mock it up and get a plan.

IMG_1438.JPG

We have 2 tractors and 4 trailers but the pink cart was the tool of easiest use

I really wasn't planning on going all the way. I just wanted to stick the tip in.......

IMG_1439-X2.jpg

But it felt too good.......

IMG_1440-X2.jpg

Almost there......

IMG_1441-X2.jpg

OOOOOOFFFFFFFF

IMG_1442-X2.jpg

34 years of hell....one documented case of dunking in the Ross Barnett Reservoir and a few gallons of motor oil blowback makes for one seriously nasty product.

There was a foam wrapped around the top of the transmission by the shifter...that is the only reason that part was clean

IMG_1444-X2.jpg

Bare.....I can't wait to get in here with some Simple Green and some elbow grease.....

IMG_1445-X2.jpg

45 minutes with the pressure washer.....

IMG_1446-X2.jpg

IMG_1447-X2.jpg

I'll start unbolting stuff now that there is not 3" of greasy sludge on every bolt.

Tomorrow we head to watch some SEC football and then I'll jump back on this Sunday

IMG_1448-X2.jpg

IMG_1477.JPG

I wasted a day going to watch my Rebels struggle with a high school team. Well, it wasn't all bad

IMG_1475.JPG

When I got home I dropped some paint on a few items and some rust inhibitor on some others.

IMG_1515.JPG

I peeked under the truck to see where the electric fuel pump and filter are gonna go and added this nasty ass part of my truck to the to-do list

IMG_1517.JPG

@under_psi came out and helped me separate the tranny and Tcase from the motor and bag and tag all the parts today.

First I painted all the stuff I needed to paint

IMG_1550-X2.jpg

Then I started yanking the stuff off the motor.....

IMG_1551-X2.jpg

This front driveshaft cage is maddening. I GEOGeld it and I can toss this s***......

IMG_1555-X2.jpg

Stripped and bagged.

IMG_1556-X2.jpg

Im renting so time in the power parts washer at 49Tire tomorrow to clean all this stuff....

IMG_1557-X2.jpg

Nice... you will have to give us some good write-up info and review of it. Seriously contemplating one for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom