Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well its time to formally introduce the new rig... she needs a name but I'm sure someone will find one fitting
312892083_588595669933295_4004444417801380117_n.jpg

Sugar

Snowball

White lightning

Mini Moonshine

I'm partial to sugar or snowball myself. Sweet truck, can't wait to see it all wrinkled up!

Fluffernutter

Casper

Albinosaurus

Nicholas ExoCage

recently sold the 62 and went to a GX460

View attachment 3249286

very nice. love the steelies. what year? the early 460s are growing on me.
Nice indeed. I have always thought of the GX platform as essentially a 4Runner with V8 power, more space, better visibility and better interior. It has always baffled me that so many people choose the newer 4Runner over the GX platform for trail / overland work. Underneath they are basically the same. I just don't get it...

For me, I wish they made an even more spartan/poverty pack 4 runner, to be cheaper and just overall more reliable and longer lasting/less frustrating.

I don't need:
screens, 17 terrain modes, embossed headrests, heated/ventilated seats, sunroof, carplay, displays and cameras, radar/lidar, fancy LED crazy design head and tail lights, multi mode this and that, pushbutton start, proximity keys, 3rd row seat, TPMS, on and on nonsense

But keep the power rear window!

Robust cloth seats, steel wheels, a regular key, no screens or cameras, a simple high-low tcase lever with a cable locker, simple analog dials for HVAC, a simple easily replaceable double din radio and call it a day.

I bet we could get it down to $30k msrp if we tried!

thank you! it's a 2018 and the most base model I could get (only option it has is the all weather mats).
No nav?

It looks awesome.

My only beef is the rear door. I prefer the tailgate. I was hoping some aftermarket wizard would build tailgates for 4runners, GX, G- Wagons, new LX600, etc. Use existing door, make some modifications and boom, we have a split tailgate set up like the 100/200 and Range Rovers.

No nav?

It looks awesome.

My only beef is the rear door. I prefer the tailgate. I was hoping some aftermarket wizard would build tailgates for 4runners, GX, G- Wagons, new LX600, etc. Use existing door, make some modifications and boom, we have a split tailgate set up like the 100/200 and Range Rovers.
thank you! and yeah, no nav but still has the screen and everything so you actually have less options if you wanna try to swap it out, unfortunately.

rear is my only big con with it but it's not a deal breaker for me by any means

thank you! and yeah, no nav but still has the screen and everything so you actually have less options if you wanna try to swap it out, unfortunately.

rear is my only big con with it but it's not a deal breaker for me by any means
No nav is so sweet. The GX is getting alot of attention. My nephew who is 26 and drives a newer F150 just asked me about the GX and he said lots of his friends are moving to the GX with basically a hitch haul for all their hunting stuff. These guys are from SC. They just took his buddies GX from SC to Arkansas to duck hunt and he said it was so comfortable. And that GX has a lift and 33s. He loved it.

Then I have soccer mom (50+ years old) friends with the kids out the house getting rid of their GX's for the new Bronco.

Times are a changing. ;<)

Last edited:
No nav is so sweet. The GX is getting alot of attention. My nephew who is 26 and drives a newer F150 just asked me about the GX and he said lots of his friends are moving to the GX with basically a hitch haul for all their hunting stuff. These guys are from SC. They just took his buddies GX from SC to Arkansas to duck hunt and he said it was so comfortable. And that GX has a lift and 33s. He loved it.

Then I have soccer mom friends with the kids out the house getting rid of their GX's for the new Bronco.

Times are a changing. ;<)
yep, it's comfortable and quiet! i flew up to NJ and drove it back and was grinning ear to ear the whole time. i love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom