Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
Member Registry

So members in the area have an idea of who you are and what you drive post pics and descriptions of your cruiser(s) whether stock or ready for the trail...all welcome in the cruiser world. This will also help me get some information together for a website. Thanks

Last edited:
Well guess i will start out then. Got a 73 fj40 that needs me to work on it. Have been trying to for the last 4 years but uncle sam has needed me elsewhere. I started a frame up on it years ago but its only about half done. Got a 75 fj40 that i got in 1990 and put it together then. Its got your basic stuff; lockers,winch,lift,33 swampers. And last but not least a 87 fj60 which i got in 2000 for 2000 because the PO could not get it running right. I rebuilt the carb and away she went. Now has 35's homemade front and rear bumpers and swing out tire carrier.

PIC's to follow when I can find where household six put them.

I'll add: purchased my first cruiser (1995 FZJ80) approximately 3 years ago. It had 110,000 when i purchased it and now has 162,000 on her. I've replaced the front rotors, front axle job, new battery and front pinion seal was leaking so replaced. Other than that it's just been maintenance. She is running Mobil1 syn. fluids throughout and Amsoil grease. First mod was the lift (2.5 medium) added the extended SS brake lines for security. Extended the diff breathers. Next was the roof-rack (ARB 3/4). Next was a pair of Hella driving lights. Then using George's design (thanks again george) fabbed up some sliders. Many more mods to come.
Picture 039 (Small).jpg

krzyabncanuck is your 75 purple?I saw some guy on post cleaning his cruiser on last Sat. On longstreet?

here's my rig
1978 FJ40
5.7L chevy 350 and a 4 inch SUA... everything else is stock. This cruiser will be my daily driver at the end of 2005 :princess:
00395128.jpg

Last edited:
snoozin , no its got one of them garage paint jobs on it. It spends most of its time in the garage. Are you here at Bragg ? It is slate gray in color.

here's mine

Here ya go - '70 FJ40 pretty much stock other than what you see.
40.jpg
40back.jpg

Well it's nothing special.

1989 FJ62, purchased from original owner, have window sticker from Denbiugh Toyota in VA, dealer installed cruise, all else factory but 32 x 10.50 tsl's, not sure my plans yet, thinking SOA.

My "new" 1989 FJ62 with 198,600 miles, driven home today from Yorktown, VA

- BFG AT's
- OME
- Aisin dials
- Alarm/remote
- Cruise control
- Tint (? %)
- Front & Rear 2" receivers

zcruizer_004.JPG

Last edited:
Where are you located?

uzj100

Yes I was. Was not sure if you were near Raleigh.

uzj100

Cruiser4life, Nice 40 man. I wish the '77 40 I bought looked half that good.
What part of Charlotte? I live in Indian Trail.

Rob

Hello

Hi all LC owners in NC.
I just stumbled on this site today looking for help/diagrams for the project from hell I have just undertaken for my Dec 81 FJ40. Well nice meeting all of you and I've seen a few of your cruisers around on Bragg. Mine is Blue, with white trimming.

KW58d, are you here at Bragg. If so I have allot of free time now if you need a hand with something, even though I am trying to get my 45 taken apart.

crazy abn canuck, Yea I work on Bragg. My main problem right now with the wiring is i have 1 wire and have no idea where to connect it. its the "neutral safety" wire and is purple. I got my harness from JTO, and was a lil disappointed that the harness they sent me wasnt a painless some other brand with a s***ty instruction book/pamplet. Also if anyone else has partaken in this fun filled adventure...how did you wire your altenator. I have a internal regulator on my altenator. Thanks again for all the help.

# 1 , never deal with JTO ever again. Yes they are close, but they are not any good. There are a lot better places to deal with around. Search JTO on here and you will see how no one likes them. I learned the hard way also. And I suck at wiring, but am getting ready to get better, going to wire up 2 cruisers soon.

Yea it really pisses me off. I feel like im out 250 bucks, and have pondered buying a complete new wiring harness. Any suggestions of good dealerships to purchase from? I have a neighbor with a 72 40 who wired his cruiser up last summer. He should get back in about 2 weeks so I'll pick his brain when he returns before buying another harness if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom