Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just picked another for my family too. A generation apart however.

BD9A2C74-2E42-4E45-BE91-3E1C0969A6BB.jpeg

9E9A29ED-342C-450D-8133-63007FFC1922.jpeg

7071D4DC-DE64-41D3-AC8D-C9B5AC18593E.jpeg

I formally introduce Molasses (aka Molly, she is brown, slow, takes a long time to warm up and very sweet) after getting her back from Trollhole's, fixing everything I didn't complete (the worst nightmare for a shop to take on, an owner "basket case") from spraying the interior with Lizard Skin, fresh carpet, dash cap, front seat covers, new LED headlights and brake booster from City Racer, getting the engine bay base-lined with fresh everything, including one of his carbs in place of the Holley and finishing the axles/brakes/tie-rods...so thankful for his crew for their attention to detail.

I got her from a guy who flipped it from the 1st owner, had pistons/rings/head done at 213k (4/16/01 at Boyce MacKaskill's shop in Raleigh, has his foil sticker on the radiator shroud), it now has 230k, running strong with a Downey long tube header on it the otherwise stock 2F.

I picked her up Friday around noon, got stuck in Charlotte traffic for the first leg of her shake-down run back to the beach. After the night in Matthews, timing worked that I was able to attend the Christmas Party at the barn, completing leg 2 of the shake down, completing the last leg to Carolina Beach.

She performed flawless even in the stop and go of Charlotte rush hour and the interstate, very comfy at 60 mph, happier at 55 mph. Will live mostly at Fort Fisher and Freeman Park, an easy life for her at the beach.

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2289.jpeg

IMG_2285.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello!
I have purchased my first 80 series (and 4x4) (and paid my membership dues :D)

General thread on it:

I am in the Durham area, and @lumbee1 was most gracious with his time in helping me look at cruisers!

1639412456825.png

I formally introduce Molasses (aka Molly, she is brown, slow, takes a long time to warm up and very sweet) after getting her back from Trollhole's, fixing everything I didn't complete (the worst nightmare for a shop to take on, an owner "basket case") from spraying the interior with Lizard Skin, fresh carpet, dash cap, front seat covers, new LED headlights and brake booster from City Racer, getting the engine bay base-lined with fresh everything, including one of his carbs in place of the Holley and finishing the axles/brakes/tie-rods...so thankful for his crew for their attention to detail.

I got her from a guy who flipped it from the 1st owner, had pistons/rings/head done at 213k (4/16/01 at Boyce MacKaskill's shop in Raleigh, has his foil sticker on the radiator shroud), it now has 230k, running strong with a Downey long tube header on it the otherwise stock 2F.

I picked her up Friday around noon, got stuck in Charlotte traffic for the first leg of her shake-down run back to the beach. After the night in Matthews, timing worked that I was able to attend the Christmas Party at the barn, completing leg 2 of the shake down, completing the last leg to Carolina Beach.

She performed flawless even in the stop and go of Charlotte rush hour and the interstate, very comfy at 60 mph, happier at 55 mph. Will live mostly at Fort Fisher and Freeman Park, an easy life for her at the beach.

View attachment 2857303

View attachment 2857304

View attachment 2857305

View attachment 2857306

View attachment 2857307
Drove Mollie out on the beaches of Fort Fisher, taking my 85 yr old mom who is visiting from Spokane WA to see her new great-grandchild and escape the cold of the eastern WA plains. Her first time "off-roading" let alone the beach, love being able to share this unique piece our coast with her 🤩
IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

Last edited:
Drove Mollie out on the beaches of Fort Fisher, taking my 85 yr old mom who is visiting from Spokane WA to see her new great-grandchild and escape the cold of the eastern WA plains. Her first time "off-roading" let alone the beach, love being able to share this unique piece our coast with her 🤩
View attachment 2874114

View attachment 2874115
#whywedothis

Hi there ONSC folks. I'm new to cruisers as of this week - just bought a 97 LX450, in great shape with 198k miles and lockers. Photos below; pretty psyched about this vehicle. Looking forward to engaging here. As a starting point, let me know if you know of any great mechanics in the Charlotte area; I'd love to find a shop that I can stick with.

PXL_20220325_183832187.MP.jpg

Hey all, recently picked up this 60 after moving from Austin, TX to the Charlotte area at the end of last year. Looking forward to joining ONSC and meeting some fellow cruiserheads.

View attachment 2972464
Might I have seen you this weekend somewhere on Providence Rd around the Arboretum or Southpark area?

Don't think so - I work in that area but haven't been up there in the 60 yet. I live down in Matthews.
@izzyandsue , @angerhater and I all live in Matthews too. I have a 60 as well. That 60 of yours looks really familiar. There was one for sale on Ideal Way in Charlotte a year or two ago that looked exactly like yours.

Don't think so - I work in that area but haven't been up there in the 60 yet. I live down in Matthews.
Dont drive up them boujie areas, they will look down (or up as it may be) at you. Relic Run is this weekend at Uwharrie, come one down if you can. We can always meet up down this way, or at "Dave's Land Cruiser Museum, Restoration, Expo and Emporium Facility".

@izzyandsue , @angerhater and I all live in Matthews too. I have a 60 as well. That 60 of yours looks really familiar. There was one for sale on Ideal Way in Charlotte a year or two ago that looked exactly like yours.
Interesting - I haven’t seen another white one around, but a really clean grey 62 I see quite a bit. I picked this one up in Raleigh, it is originally from Maryland and plenty crusty as a result. Would love to meet up with some Matthews folks. Am thinking of taking the rig to the Waxhaw Cars & Coffee on Sunday as the first voyage out of my neighborhood.

Interesting - I haven’t seen another white one around, but a really clean grey 62 I see quite a bit. I picked this one up in Raleigh, it is originally from Maryland and plenty crusty as a result. Would love to meet up with some Matthews folks. Am thinking of taking the rig to the Waxhaw Cars & Coffee on Sunday as the first voyage out of my neighborhood.
Forget C&C and join us at Uwharrie for the Carolina Relic Run. It’ll be way more fun!

Am thinking of taking the rig to the Waxhaw Cars & Coffee on Sunday as the first voyage out of my neighborhood.
Nope. 90 minute drive to Carolina Relic Run at Uwharrie Nat'l Forest. The largest gathering of vintage Land Cruisers east of the Mississippi. You'll hate yourself if you have to wait an entire year! You don't even have to 'wheel and can just stop by for a few hours if you want. Plenty of people just hanging out in camp on Saturday, and almost everyone is back in camp by 3-4pm.

Nope. 90 minute drive to Carolina Relic Run at Uwharrie Nat'l Forest. The largest gathering of vintage Land Cruisers east of the Mississippi. You'll hate yourself if you have to wait an entire year! You don't even have to 'wheel and can just stop by for a few hours if you want. Plenty of people just hanging out in camp on Saturday, and almost everyone is back in camp by 3-4pm.
Bonus! 70 mins from MATTHEWs to Relic Run. Well worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom