Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know me :rofl: NOT!
At this rate you soon be out of names to call me.

Again more secret PM's from MikesHomework -

Now of course you will be a coward again & simply post this publicly instead of responding directly, but there is no "loophole", there is no "catch", there is no special "category". First person who buys one will know - with a little digging if they want - and there is not a darn thing they can do to copy it.
Sounds perfectly legal:rolleyes:

What is your booth number at SEMA? :flipoff2:

And the PM's just keep on coming:rofl:

I hope you clowns do find a loophole:clap: There are a lot of guys with fat wallets waiting to use it:D

Until they get the 5am knock on the door from Customs and Homeland Security. They'll wave their titles which won't scare away the vampires like it does in the movies, this being the Halloween season and all...

I just hate the thought of one or more Cruisers getting crushed. A fool and his money are soon parted, but the trucks deserve better.

Again more secret PM's from MikesHomework -

First person who buys one will know - with a little digging if they want - and there is not a darn thing they can do to copy it.

So they've figured out a way to federalize late model non-US market automobiles and whoever buys one will be able to learn how, but only the Papp bros. will be allowed to do it, even if the buyer learns the secret.

Sounds legit.

Correct. Here legally for testing and that's all. Please remember, I'm just trying to report objectively.

Thanks for sharing those pics although I know there will never be one in my driveway! It is a sick machine. :)

So they've figured out a way to federalize late model non-US market automobiles...

They haven't yet. They've brought one in for testing allegedly. I'd still like to see that confirmed with the EPA and NHTSA. There are quite a few newer model out-of-market cruisers in the US. They are not here legally however except for a few that are on temporary travel permits or in use by military training organizations. Still waiting to see something that proves this isn't vaporware.

LC America | TLCA

"With more demand than we will ever satisfy"

Well, he's got that right.

Coming up on almost 1 year and 781 posts and STILL no vehicle for sale in this "for sale" thread.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dear LC-America Enthusiast!

So much has happened over the past few months that we thought that now would be a good time to send out an update on our progress to date. As of now:

· We are the first company to have successfully imported the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series LC79 Dual Cab Pickup with the 1VD-FTV 4.5-litre V8 diesel engine for onward sales in the U.S.

· We are able to produce a vehicle that is DOT/NHTSA compliant.

· We have completed Static Emission Testing.

· We need to complete Real-World Emission Testing.

Our only goal at this point is to receive final EPA certification for our BlackBox equipped 1VD-FTV 4.5-litre V8 diesel engine in the most efficient, cost effective and bullet-proof manner possible. With that in mind, as a company we have come to the conclusion that SEMA in 2017 is no longer more important than funding our EPA testing effort. As such, we will not have a booth at this years event. While we know this will disappoint some (including many on our team), we have decided that committing our funds to activities that get us closer to EPA certification is money better spent. As LC America remains a self-funded effort, we have no other options. That said, we will have a team of representatives attending SEMA, so please be sure to reach out to set up a meeting at the show. Along with our decision to skip the 2017 SEMA show, we have also decided to no longer accept Reservations and / or Deposits on vehicles, and we will be returning those that we have already collected. I am confident that when we are ready to offer these vehicles for sale to the public, that we will be able to do so in a manner that is both fair and equitable.

What we will be doing for the foreseeable future is continuing to put all our effort and resources into obtaining "real-world" emissions readings (via PEMS or otherwise) for EPA certification. Once this data has been collected, submitted and approved, the vehicle will be available for onward sale to U.S. customers. This is not a side project for us. We have invested all of our time and energy and money into getting LC America where it is today. We have overcome myriad obstacles and significant opposition from all of the naysayers. But, what was once seen as impossibility – Unobtanium if you like – is almost a reality! There is now a beautiful 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series LC79 in Colorado Springs that is going through a build out process to become an ultra-capable LC-America. To the handful of shops that have supported us from day one – and you know who you are – thank you! Your name and your mark will be on each and every LC America that we sell!

If you are a member of the media or an investor, please feel free to contact us to arrange a visit. Our shop – which we are still building out – is located at 3119A N. El Paso Street in Colorado Springs, CO 80908. As LC America, one of our first courses of business is to raise an American flag at the shop! We are exceptionally proud of our accomplishments to date, and would be happy to discuss this vehicle with you further at your convenience. As a reminder, there will be two models of this truck sold, both based upon the Dual Cab GLX. The “base” LC America is likely to come in at ~$85,000 and our most tricked out version of the LC America will be ~$135,000. These prices – as well as any additional updates to current models and potential future imports – will be posted to our website (www.lc-america.com) OOA November 15, 2017.

Please touch base if you have additional thoughts, comments, concerns or questions.

v/r,

John

John L. Papp Jr.
Sr. Project Manager – LC America – www.LC-America.com

· We are the first company to have successfully imported the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series LC79 Dual Cab Pickup with the 1VD-FTV 4.5-litre V8 diesel engine for onward sales in the U.S.

Lie. Even a vehicle legally imported for testing must be re-exported after 1 year.

as a company we have come to the conclusion that SEMA in 2017 is no longer more important than funding our EPA testing effort. As such, we will not have a booth at this years event.

Boo. How many times will they commit to having a vehicle on display somewhere and have it turn out to be a lie? Donuts at Mike's, Pike's Peak and now SEMA.

If you are ... an investor, please feel free to contact us.

The new angle. Why scam 100 people for $10,000 when you can scam one person for $1,000,000.

All --

We still hope to meet up with as many of you as possible at this years SEMA event.
We still have the vehicle available here in Colorado Springs for anyone to come and see at any time.
Please contact me to arrange a visit to our shop at your convenience.
If anyone has an event that they would like us to attend please let us know, as we want to put the truck out there for all to see.
And Steve, I am sorry that you are misinformed on this topic, but with the appropriate government issued paperwork, the vehicle does not need to be re-exported after one year.

v/r,

John.

John L. Papp Jr.
Sr. Project Manager – LC America – www.LC-America.com

Phone: +1 719-660-8266 | E-mail: CEO@LC-America.com | LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpapp

Lift and Tires.JPG

Nice picture, can't wait to see the "finished build".

I can read however.

Temporary import, as in not permanent. Cannot be sold or leased in the US. Keep it up Papp(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom