Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I covered this a few pages back. EU and US standards are apples and oranges, however, it could be possible, given what we do know about the engine's stated emissions and what EPA requires. This, however, does not consider other issues such as crash testing and other safety compliance measures.

:doh: You sure did cover it...although it's 12 pages back, not a few. This thread is so long I had forgotten someone had addressed the EPA business in such detail. Thanks. Again, I'd take the whole package if possible but if the engine could be EPA compliant with testing that'd be one hell of a swap. DOT/NHTSA crash testing is another issue altogether.

Interesting first post...

Although he joined several months ago, so just breaking out of the lurker stage I guess.

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, not a LC owner, but developing an interest as something to replace my my Vanagon obsession. I've read the entire thread and agree that a lot of skepticism seems justified. Be happy to meet up with anybody coming down to the Springs (more to just learn about LCs from you guys) and to do any checking on LC-America here. I may also do some checking with a friend in the outdoor/auto gear biz here to see if he's heard anything about the LC-America company.

Reminds me of my days looking for fraudsters in the insurance world.

Just reading this thread has been educational.

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, not a LC owner, but developing an interest as something to replace my my Vanagon obsession. I've read the entire thread and agree that a lot of skepticism seems justified. Be happy to meet up with anybody coming down to the Springs (more to just learn about LCs from you guys) and to do any checking on LC-America here. I may also do some checking with a friend in the outdoor/auto gear biz here to see if he's heard anything about the LC-America company.

Reminds me of my days looking for fraudsters in the insurance world.

Just reading this thread has been educational.

You might want to stick to the Vanagon obsession,once you get in to Cruisers it can get out of hand very quickly ;)

Oh, Vanagons are already out of hand with me, just a matter of where you want to spend your next $10,000

I think the Cruisers this tread is about will be closer to a 100K then 10K,price in Australia where they are as common as Powersmokes and Cummings here is 80K.Doubt these gentlemen are planning to work for free .

watching that rover get destroyed hurt my heart.

Getting my SEMA plans organized and I don't see LC America on the exhibitors list. Five weeks away, cutting it close.

Still nothing. According to the floor map, there's only a handful of empty booths.

Just looked at the floor map again and there are no empty booths in the trucks section and no LC-America, so unless they're sneaking in under another name I'd say they're not at the show.

I have been wondering about this now that it is October. Anyone take delivery of a brand spanking new "LC79"?

There is all kind of weird stuff that goes on here. Sometimes I see a land cruiser less than 25 years old here but no one wants to say how it got here. Most recently the "FJ40" that was posted in a now deleted ad in the classifieds about a week ago.

This family wasn't just involved in one scam in the past (electric cars), they are all over the web for home improvement scams, internet scams, real estate investment scams, ad-nuke (sued by craigslist). Search "Michael J Papp scam."

Anything attached to the name Papp out of PA, with any mention of "investors" is not something new that they have been doing...they make a living on these scams.

Ripoff Report | michael papp complaints, reviews, scams, lawsuits and frauds reported, 9,688 results
Ripoff Report | ad-nuke.com Complaint Review Internet
Anony-Pay and IPU Services Development: What is going on?
https://aimgroup.com/2013/10/18/craigslist-wins-1-mil-in-san-fran-court-brings-down-ad-nuke-com/
Ripoff Report | Michael Papp Complaint Review Orefield, Pennsylvania
Ripoff Report | Michael J. Papp - Preit@opm. Priet@inet-lender Complaint Review Easton, Pennsylvania
Spark EV's Michael Papp arrested in electric vehicle scam

never crossed my mind to look on Ebay for real estate investing or investor advice.......what could go wrong?

I do hope we(LC owners) are higher up the food(and brain) chain than some the complainant's...

This family wasn't just involved in one scam in the past (electric cars), they are all over the web for home improvement scams, internet scams, real estate investment scams, ad-nuke (sued by craigslist). Search "Michael J Papp scam."

Anything attached to the name Papp out of PA, with any mention of "investors" is not something new that they have been doing...they make a living on these scams.

Ripoff Report | michael papp complaints, reviews, scams, lawsuits and frauds reported, 9,688 results
Ripoff Report | ad-nuke.com Complaint Review Internet
Anony-Pay and IPU Services Development: What is going on?
https://aimgroup.com/2013/10/18/craigslist-wins-1-mil-in-san-fran-court-brings-down-ad-nuke-com/
Ripoff Report | Michael Papp Complaint Review Orefield, Pennsylvania
Ripoff Report | Michael J. Papp - Preit@opm. Priet@inet-lender Complaint Review Easton, Pennsylvania
Spark EV's Michael Papp arrested in electric vehicle scam

Oh snap.

745 posts in a for sale thread and STILL no vehicle for sale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom