Parts scam or legit? "John Cruiser Parts Sales" on IG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyFish

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
twitter.com
This guy "John Gilbert" has a hell of an inventory, and I'm tempted to buy from him. The trouble is all he has is this IG page. I interacted with him, and neither his Zelle nor his Venmo account have names in common with his. He says he owns a warehouse in Augusta, Maine.

[Now I'm not sure where I saw "Gilbert."]

Any reassurance from this group?

The IG account is based in Cameroon... Too good to be true... Probably is!! The account was created in October 2022 and has already had 6-Name Changes also! Not sure what the other names were... But if you send any money to Cameroon, and never received anything, good luck reporting it!! Also, there are NO REVIEWs on IG to read to see if he actually ships and people receive what he is advertising. Some of the pictures have California and Oregon plates on the vehicles in the b background...

Last edited:
sniff, sniff, :hmm:

sumthin' smells here.

The IG account is based in Cameroon... Too good to be true... Probably is!! The account was created in October 2022 and has already had 6-Name Changes also! Not sure what the other names were... But if you send any money to Cameroon, and never received anything, good luck reporting it!! Also, there are NO REVIEWs on IG to read to see if he actually ships and people receive what he is advertising. Some of the pictures have California and Oregon plates on the vehicles in the b background...

Today I learned there's an "about this account" feature in IG. Thanks for pointing that out @DTSkyCop . That would have answered my questions pretty quick.

I have just seen a John Willams cruiser parts On IG.
I was thinking the same thing….awesome inventory! $600 shipped 200 ARB front bumper which & intensity lights.….Ok guy. Scam… some clown.

I came here looking for the answer to this question.
I have been in touch with the land_cruiser_parts_sale_ guy about a $500 bumper for my 62, asked a few questions about wiring for the lights, but I actually got sketched out at the pay pal part. The email address he gave came back unconfirmed, and when I came back to him a few days later he gave me a totally different address and name for the pay pal. His language in DM communication has a totally different tone to how the ad copy is written. Seems scammy as hell, but begs the question, where is the real seller for these parts, cos I do want this bumper!

Yeah, that's the same account I was asking about in the original post. They change their name from time to time and follow my Ig account. I block them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom