no oil pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok guys,

i installed engine and did everything correctly. i went to turn over and it runs. however the oil pressure is zero. before i time it do i have to prime out pump or should it automatically read when turned on and running.

Distributor is probably not seated into the slot in the oil pump.
X2

And stop running it with zero oil pressure. You should pre-lube the whole thing with a drill and long slotted screwdriver prior to installing the distributor.

can I use an earlier distributor from my other 2f 1976 motor to insert into this fj60 1986 2f motor or do I need a differnt dizzy.

can I use an earlier distributor from my other 2f 1976 motor to insert into this fj60 1986 2f motor or do I need a differnt dizzy.

You can use your early small cap distributor in your 86 motor. Although, since you will already have the dented side cover, I would run a later large cap distributor. Just make sure you have it fully seated and engaged in the oil pump so you don't kill the motor. Many a F and 2F have been killed by a distributor not properly installed.

This is getting weird. Same thing just happened to me this afternoon. Stalled the engine (coming out of Advance Auto) sat in the median for a minute with a flooded carb then choked it and she fires right up. I go about 1/2 mile and oil press is at 0. I'm in a left turn lane and after the light turns I go to turn around to head home and the pressure comes back up but drops (not to 0) when I come up to idle.

ok, thus is weird question but iu have to ask. i now have oil pressure (yeah). next i am setting time, i have TDC and dizzy at 1st position and seated. i do not have one of those fancy timing lights you just clip on over the wire. I have a old school one where you have to clamp on a piece of wire and run it to clamp on light. Issue with this is that it shoots sparkes to the block and sometims stalls it. So, now my question is this. Can I time it using the distributor? I can pull back one of the rubber boots on the dizzy wire to #1 and clamp on to that. Would that give me accurate timing?

ok, thus is weird question but iu have to ask. i now have oil pressure (yeah). next i am setting time, i have TDC and dizzy at 1st position and seated. i do not have one of those fancy timing lights you just clip on over the wire. I have a old school one where you have to clamp on a piece of wire and run it to clamp on light. Issue with this is that it shoots sparkes to the block and sometims stalls it. So, now my question is this. Can I time it using the distributor? I can pull back one of the rubber boots on the dizzy wire to #1 and clamp on to that. Would that give me accurate timing?

:clap: Good to hear you've got a running engine in your 40. I know nothing about old timing lights, I have a hunch you'll figure it out though.

2F=8.5qts. with filter.

Ok, I have read through this forum and a couple of others about no oil pressure. I just installed a used 73 F Motor in place of my original 73 F Motor. I used my dizzy form the original motor on the used motor. When engine runs, I am getting zero oil pressure on the gauge. I pulled the dizzy and primed the oil pump and am getting good pressure showing on the gauge when priming the pump with a drill/driver. So gauge works and pump works. I am certain I am setting the dizzy in the slot as there is no gap between the dizzy and the bracket that holds it in place. So why no oil pressure when the engine is running? Help!!!!

I figured it out. The distributor shaft was resting on top of the bracket used to time it and was not fully seated. I took off bracket and slipped it around the distributor shaft and re installed it together with the distributor. I now have oil pressure. Be back on the road soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom