No "D" Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My D light dash works but my shifter lights just went out today :frown:

Easy fix. Use an LED bulb when you replace it...they last much longer.

91 with 270,000 mine still works about 60% of the time. It kind of comes and goes as it pleases

91 with 270,000 mine still works about 60% of the time. It kind of comes and goes as it pleases

It's female then. Finicky. Will work when it gets damn good and ready.

Mine seems to go out every summer and come back every fall/winter. Maybe the humidity has something to do with it?

My new-to-me Cruiser is a 1996 with 209,000 miles. The D light is gone, and the shifter lights are also gone. Someday I will fix them. But I have other fish frying right now.

I am at 190k, but I don't remember when it went out. It was a long time ago. Shifter lights still all work.

Last edited:
Have you guys tried giving the dashboard a good, hard rap? Hit it right above the instrument cluster. This has worked for a lot of folks. I did it just this past year after living with no "D" light in the dash for the better part of 10 years!

Have you guys tried giving the dashboard a good, hard rap? Hit it right above the instrument cluster. This has worked for a lot of folks. I did it just this past year after living with no "D" light in the dash for the better part of 10 years!

If I do that, a pound of rust will appear on my driveway.

227K here, D light in the dash out since I purchased it with 223K.

Shifter light was out, now fixed and so wonderful!

Mine went out around 206,000 miles.

I replaced it, along with the other nine bulbs in that cluster yesterday. Cost me about $18 in parts, and believe it or not, and the whole project only took me 30 minutes.

Never seen a working one.

And now you have.

Trip-ometer too.

Drive Light.jpg

I just replaced another one on a 97 I am working on. Did it in under 30 minutes. As a matter fact, I probably had the cluster out in the bulb replaced in 20 minutes or less. I’m going to videotape myself next time and put it on YouTube so people will believe me.

That is impressive. I would watch that video, since I've been thinking of replacing a few LEDs

>No *D* Club

Get it together mud. I knew there were a handful of women on here, but good lord what an absolute disgrace :flipoff2:

My black 80 only has 147K but the bulb went somewhere around week 3 of me owning circa 1998 :meh:

-I like it out, I don’t need the ring to tell me what gear it’s in, and it out lets the rest of the cluster look ‘right’.
I had the cluster out to add locker bulbs, intentionally didn’t fix the ‘D’ ring.

But I also like my incandescent bulbs & color matched Alpine stereo w/o any of that “slot machine” lighting on it......just me :meh:

278,000 miles and mine is out. I replaced all the bulbs in the gauge cluster shifting indicator and Drive still doesn't work. 2nd works if I shift from L to 2nd, but only sometimes. If I fiddle with the shifter while in 2nd, it comes on sometimes. I also have occasional no-starts in park, so I'm thinking my NSS needs to be cleaned and/or shifting linkage needs to be adjusted. It's driving me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom