"new" Yokohama Geolander M/T (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you are considering the X-MT please keep us updated.

I would consider anything in my size, but they're all unavailable. Will end up going with BFG again, if I want to drive it any time soon.

I need a set of tires for my 40 and would like to try these (Yokohomas) but all 33x10.5x15's are out of stock and back ordered here in Tejas. :(

They don’t make that size last I looked

They don’t make that size last I looked

Good to know; I haven't investigated myself, letting my son-in-law who works in his family's tire shop do the research and leg work for me.

I put a set of the 31x10.50 on our '85 4Runner last year. Seemed to have good road manners. Haven't driven it anywhere since after driving back from the tire shop. They certainly look the part off-road.

You need the X-MT for this kind of mud.

I think not. To run these would require suspension alteration such as a spring-over, new wheels plus the tires resulting in an overall less-drivable FJ60. IOW a pile of cash to deal with a situation that I seldom encounter and it's negotiable with good recovery gear.

Do you run the X-MTs on that clean looking FJ?

I think not. To run these would require suspension alteration such as a spring-over, new wheels plus the tires resulting in an overall less-drivable FJ60. IOW a pile of cash to deal with a situation that I seldom encounter and it's negotiable with good recovery gear.

Do you run the X-MTs on that clean looking FJ?
MT G003 on my 2016 FJ Cruiser, it gets cleaned up after I return from my weekend at the farm. X-MT would be even better for the rice and sugar cane farm with sticky mud but I also have to do steep curvy hills frequently under rain so the G003 does that well and safe. Wanted to add will put the X-MT on the 83 BJ40 once I am done making it road worthy again, just ordered parts for the injector pump from Japan, covid has delayed the shipment unfortunately.

Last edited:
That's odd. I'm seeing 31x10.50 and 35x12.50 in 15".

Well a fella looking for that size tire is most likely not wanting a 12.50 wide tire so I did not mention it.
Point being, they never made the size most popular with the Cruiser crowd because we are not much of a crowd really.

0E86E556-00EF-46BD-8AB8-775461CEF8BE.jpeg

Well a fella looking for that size tire is most likely not wanting a 12.50 wide tire so I did not mention it.
Point being, they never made the size most popular with the Cruiser crowd because we are not much of a crowd really.
Thanks. I thought they had to make other sizes in a 15". Apparently I wasn't on the Yokohama website.

@1911 You could change wheels and go with 255/85/16 G003s. Some Summit wheels look pretty close to OEM steelies if you aren't set on running caps. Or there's always FJ Co wh$$ls.

@1911 You could change wheels and go with 255/85/16 G003s. Some Summit wheels look pretty close to OEM steelies if you aren't set on running caps. Or there's always FJ Co wh$$ls.

Thanks. If I was going to do that, I would go with the City Racer 16" wheels, but I'm not going to spend that of money yet, so another set of BFG 33x10.5x15 will be going on this time.

I have a set of these coming. 315's. Hoping my experience mirror's everything I'm reading here. I'll post an update once I have them on the truck.

After going through hell trying to balance new KO2's, I went with stock size Yoko's. Took a trip to upstate NY, which included rain, and could not be happier.
Yes, they are louder and I took a hit mpg wise, but I knew of both of these issues beforehand. More importantly, the wife loves them. Stock size 265 70 17 on my new Method 316's. And yes, I ordered black lug nuts from Method.
4Runner with MT's.jpg

I live in the tropics where torrential rain with mud frequent mud slides is a norm and the MT G003 have never let me down. Nice 4R btw. I had BFG KO2s and they just sucked in everything including balance, the Nitto TG were an improvement over them but not much and still had balancing issues as well as being hopeless on anything with grass or mud. I have the stock size as well on the FJ that is the same as yours.

Nice 4R btw.

Mine are starting to show some signs of chunking. Will watch closely moving forward as really have not wheeled these tires hard. Really just standard Overlanding off pavement stuff but under a heavy truck.
Generally means they are overheating, suggest you run the pressure higher when on road, do a chalk test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom