"new" Yokohama Geolander M/T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I‘m running 40 psi on the road. Wear visually is even as was the wear on every other tire this width I’ve run at this PSI. (4 sets of 315’s). This is my first set of 37’s but shouldn’t be drastically different. I just noticed it yesterday while airing back up. I’ll look much more closely at hem this weekend.

I‘m running 40 psi on the road. Wear visually is even as was the wear on every other tire this width I’ve run at this PSI. (4 sets of 315’s). This is my first set of 37’s but shouldn’t be drastically different. I just noticed it yesterday while airing back up. I’ll look much more closely at hem this weekend.
I'm surprised you're getting even wear at 40psi. It looked like my 315 G003's were crowning too much at that pressure so I backed them down to 32.

Only chalk test can reveal the right pressure for your vehicle with an E rated tire, anything over 36 makes the FJ into a horse cart.

I bought a set of 235/85/16's last spring for my 71' FJ40 project, but then I needed some tires on my 91' Toyota pickup and so I ran them on it. I have about 8000 miles on them, I've rotated them once at about 6000 miles when no visible signs of wear. I really like them, the road noise isn't bad at all. We have had snow a few times since September and they hold the road well in snow and slush and and on hard packed snow and ice. During a little snow blizzard I encountered I was surprised at just how far I made it up this mountain pass in 2wd before having to shift into 4wd. The 235's are too tall for the gearing in my pickup so I just ordered another set for my pickup (31x10.50/15) so that these can go back on my cruiser!
View attachment 2149715View attachment 2149716
IMG_20190818_191442473 (1).jpg

I got a second set, this time in a 31x10.50 for my pickup...now the 235/85/16's can finally go back on my Landcruiser 😂
Screenshot_20210624-232910~2.png

Is everyone still pretty happy with them?? I'm on the fence between the new Ridge Grappler's and these, but I've always loved and had great experiences with Yokohama's. I've on my 3rd set of A/T G015's but would like a more aggressive mud tire. Interested in picking up a set of 285/75/R16's for the 100 series

Is everyone still pretty happy with them?? I'm on the fence between the new Ridge Grappler's and these, but I've always loved and had great experiences with Yokohama's. I've on my 3rd set of A/T G015's but would like a more aggressive mud tire. Interested in picking up a set of 285/75/R16's for the 100 series
I can't give you a long term review but I've got about 2k on a set of 315's and I'm very pleased with them. Just got back from about a 800 mile round trip and they drove great on the highway, low-ish noise. It's noticeable if you listen for it but honestly my exhaust is louder than the tires. Drove them in deep soft sand without airing down (I know, I know, shameful) and they did fine. Didn't get stuck or dig.

If Ridge Grappler is what you are after, take a look at the X-AT from Yokohama. The MT-G003 is in the league of Mud Grappler but way better.

If Ridge Grappler is what you are after, take a look at the X-AT from Yokohama. The MT-G003 is in the league of Mud Grappler but way better.
I was initially interested in getting a set of those because the tread pattern is similar to the BFG KO2's, but it looks like they only make them in 235 and 265 for 16" wheels:( My goal is to bump up from stock 275 31's to 33's and I like the 285 width

I was initially interested in getting a set of those because the tread pattern is similar to the BFG KO2's, but it looks like they only make them in 235 and 265 for 16" wheels:( My goal is to bump up from stock 275 31's to 33's and I like the 285 width
Then MTG003 is your choice.

I had a set installed recently, and did about 1k miles off-pavement in the Wasatch Mtns of N UT. Very good in untracked snow (8" was the most I saw) as well as mud, rocks, etc. Areas where snow was packed and refroze to ice they did well too, better than I expected. True to size diameter-wise. 255/85-16s were exactly 33.2", and 55.X pounds. Surprisingly light for an E rated tire. My gas mileage only decreased maybe 1 mpg on pavement from the old 265/75 Duratracs I took off. Not too noisy either. So far I'm happy, but it's early on.

Got a new set of G003’s in 285/75/16 to replace the old G013’s. LOVED the G013’s but it was time for some mud terrains! Stole them for $220/ea. from Discount Tire

BD820D8F-4652-4037-B827-56C890531BAD.jpeg

7A726957-DFE0-43FB-9B3C-453FC0813DC2.jpeg

I'm surprised you're getting even wear at 40psi. It looked like my 315 G003's were crowning too much at that pressure so I backed them down to 32.
I’m on 9” wide wheels. With 315’s I’m assuming your on stock 8”?

The one review at Crappy Tire says a lug came off. Is this an issue?

On my 2000 4runner I have a nice set of 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT3's which I really like. But I don't have a lot of experience with tires so I can't say for sure...

I want to get a set of 33's for the 60 series and the 255/85/16 Geolandar looks great. I'd probably get some 70 series steelies. I won't take the 60 series into the snow since I don't want the salt rotting it away; it will be a summer vehicle. So cold weather performance isn't so important. The 4runner is for that. The 60 series is more for summer expeditions including gravel and mud, and pavement.

I have no reason to not get another set of Toyo's but it would be good to mix things up a bit.

I'm on my second set, 255/85/16 on 70 series wheels, and running them on my FJ60. Last week did this in the Ozarks in southern MO SSS 2021 - Mark Twain National Forest Oct 22-24 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/sss-2021-mark-twain-national-forest-oct-22-24.1256394/ and the Yokohamas worked well in the rock, gravel, mud that we encountered. I think all the 60s on the trip had the Geolanders.
Why does the Yokohama site not have that size?

Edit: I found them here. Not cheap. I think I need to buy tires soon since they are just gonna get more and more expensive.

Why does the Yokohama site not have that size?

Edit: I found them here. Not cheap. I think I need to buy tires soon since they are just gonna get more and more expensive.
Check discount tire. When I had a set thrown on in 255/85r16 a few months ago they were only $214/tire. Much cheaper than anywhere else I could find

They keep bumping the price. They're $267/ea now. Must be good marketing from @wngrog
Call Discount Tire and ask them what's the lowest they can price match. Even if you don't find the lower price yourself, they can. I called my local DT and asked them to price match from SimpleTire.com, only for them to say they could do it $25/ea. less than what I found

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom