NEW Tundra TRD Pro forged BBS wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone now if the Accessory package can be ordered separately?
3) What are the differences btwn the 2019 and 2020 Tundra TRD Pros? They have different part numbers but is that all. PT960-34190-02 vs. PT960-34200-02 - I am assuming that it's just 2019 vs. 2020 part naming

The answer to your question above is in this thread. Toyota doesn’t just change part numbers unless there is a change but you may not always see the change with the naked eye.

I’ll be damned, just weighed a HE wheel PT960-60200 and it weigh 28.6lbs and a Tundra Pro PT960-34190 weigh 27.8lbs

I’ll be damned, just weighed a HE wheel PT960-60200 and it weigh 28.6lbs and a Tundra Pro PT960-34190 weigh 27.8lbs
Bronze powder coat is heavier. HAHA

I can't speak for the HE ones but all the Tundra variants are the same as far as mass weight and physical structure goes.....just a few minor cosmetic differences between the three Tundra variants. Not sure why one lists at $200 more than the other.

I don’t think the HEs are PC’d or it won’t get scratched this easy. If it’s PC, it’s very thin.
B04FA7CA-044A-4BCE-84DA-17753A0C935C.jpeg

I don’t think the HEs are PC’d or it won’t get scratched this easy. If it’s PC, it’s very thin.View attachment 2416196
Powder or not the washer on our lugs has a pretty sharp edge and I could see it scratching most things easily if not handled carefully.

The only light weight factory wheel Toyota made for the tundra which fits LC’s too, is the rock warrior wheels, it weighs in at 24lbs I believe. I don’t know why Toyota discontinued it but some dealerships seem to have some brand new on some LC builds ive seen.

L

Probably that beer he sat on the scale with the HE rim. Guys we’re dealing with a ‘truck’ with a solid rear axel, not a Porsche or Ferrari where Unsprung weight actually matters in handling performance....no matter how cool the rig is, and how awesome the BBS rims look, it’s still a truck and handles that way. If you were to use the HE as a true rock crusher, then I would consider steel rims that bend instead of break...then I can beat um back round again with a rock....and reinflate with WD40 and a bic lighter. LOL

L

Probably that beer he sat on the scale with the HE rim. Guys we’re dealing with a ‘truck’ with a solid rear axel, not a Porsche or Ferrari where Unsprung weight actually matters in handling performance....no matter how cool the rig is, and how awesome the BBS rims look, it’s still a truck and handles that way. If you were to use the HE as a true rock crusher, then I would consider steel rims that bend instead of break...then I can beat um back round again with a rock....and reinflate with WD40 and a bic lighter. LOL
I get your point but there is a limit. My current wheel/tire setup weighs about 64#, my stock wheels and slightly smaller diameter tires were almost 90. I can definitely feel the difference, and the stock suspension designed for a wheel/tire around my current weight does a much better job of managing that weight than it did the heavy setup, though some of that might be the higher tire pressure required of the heavy setup.

With planned 2.5” Kings I am again considering a more substantial tire.. but in general, within reason, trying to keep things light is a good plan.

Plus these wheels tick some other boxes by being rated for enough load, bolting on with no compromises, and look great...

likely painted as PC on forged wheels is not recommended from what I've been told.

Factory powder coated wheels are coated then heated as part of the aging process for the wheels. Since it is part of/done in conjunction the forging process, no weakening occurs.

Powder coating already forged wheels can substantially decrease their strength. Even without an hour of recommended outgassing, simply heated the wheel at 400 degrees for 20 min can decrease strength by 20% or more based on an engineering article I read. I'd avoid it, but if you do, use a UV/low temp cure powder to limit the heat/weakening of the wheel.

I have had mishandled lugs scratch many powder coated wheels.

Looking for Heritage BBS Landcruiser wheels and saw them mentioned a while back in this thread..

Found a few websites that look similar and claiming to supply OEM parts such as:

and

are they a steer clear or legit website? Is there someone in USA who can supply these and potentially ship to Aus?

Looking for Heritage BBS Landcruiser wheels and saw them mentioned a while back in this thread..

Found a few websites that look similar and claiming to supply OEM parts such as:

and

are they a steer clear or legit website? Is there someone in USA who can supply these and potentially ship to Aus?

Email me, esarjeant@edmartin.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom