Would you trade in for 2023+ Sequoia TRD Pro? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having a 2021 HE it would be close to an even trade.

They sure are looking good with lifts and mods 😬

Thoughts on pros and cons?

I personally would not. I think the modern TRD PRO styling is trying way too hard. Much prefer Toyota Japan vibes.

Lack of a flat load floor in the Sequoia would be a deal breaker for me.

Tech is much better on the Sequoa though.

Part-time 4wd. Crappy angles. Cappy wheel articulation. Crappy 3rd row design. Gimmicky design.

I would get GX550 if you're itching for a new vehicle. Much better design IMHO.

No, even though a LC is somewhere between 50% to 100% more than a Sequoia, it's that much better of a car. For a 3 three SUV I think something like the Grand Highlander would be better and more practical. A Sequoia is really just a neutered LC IMO.

Or get the Tundra TRD PRO. At least with that, you get the bed Utility.

My wife and I were just looking at a new sequoia in traffic yesterday. She usually doesn't give a crap about cars in general and she commented on how good it looks. I think modded up, it would be pretty sweet. Too big for my tastes (hell, even the 200 is too big for my tastes).

It depends on what your goals are. I'd consider it if you need the space. Lots in common with the 300 series and the Tundra. Only you can decide if it fits the bill for you. Your 2021 HE has decades of good service left in it, and may in the long run be more reliable.

If you have enough space in the 200 and keep your vehicles for a long time, then the 200 is a no brainer.
If you need a bigger vehicle with Toyota reliability and the latest tech, the Sequoia is worth a look.
If you don't need the space, I'd look at GX550.
If you trade cars every few years (which is a possibility since you're already looking at trading a 2021), then it doesn't matter as you aren't committed to the decision long term. Except that the hardest vehicle to find in a few years will be a low mileage well cared for 200. There will be way more Sequoias and GXs running around than 200s, and as they say, they make more every day.

I liked the last gen sequoia more 2020+ The TRD one in green or white is nice. But they are still wanting almost as much money as it was new for a used one.

The new one's trunk is really a non starter, open it and you should see.
In the new one feels like the extra space is between me and the front passenger. But that is not a usable space. The interior is flashy but not as classy and well built.

They look great no doubt. And the hybrid power train has gobs of TQ.

But no

Having a 2021 HE it would be close to an even trade.

They sure are looking good with lifts and mods 😬

Thoughts on pros and cons?
I had the Toyota dealers approach me to trade in my 2021 LC200 for a new Sequoia Platinum...

I told them they are crazy... Even two TRD Pros with zero pay would probably not persuade me...

More serious, while I find the new Sequoia good looking, I find my LC200 having the real, as mentioned above, Toyota Japan looks + expected durability.

While I am happy at this point with the looks and functional setup with airbag man helpers in the coil springs
1705958626289.png

1705958941362.png

I may in the future for serious trail work in Colorado consider a full build. Either leave white or go to this awesome mat grey painted look. Does not get better in my mind. Hard to argue taste though or once plans, so go for the new Sequoia if that makes you happy.

1705958835354.png

Last edited:
I drove a Sequoia TRD 6 months ago for a solid day. Great vehicle but not an LC200. The interior packaging was not great for my use case and it definitely was not the same quality of plastics. The surface touch was not what I was looking for. I would not replace my 200 with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom