Ironman Forged UCA’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m about to swap out the other ball joint with a Moog K500018 to match what we fixed on the side that failed. From everything I’ve seen the upper arm is fine they just used an inferior ball joint. Once I get the other upper ball joint done I should be good. Then I’m sending Ironman a bill for labor and for an alignment.
Are you DIY'ing the ball joints themselves? I might send them an invoice for my own personal labor at $100/hr considering that no one around here will touch my rig. If you do and they approve, let me know! If not I'll be the guinea pig :).

I’m about to swap out the other ball joint with a Moog K500018 to match what we fixed on the side that failed. From everything I’ve seen the upper arm is fine they just used an inferior ball joint. Once I get the other upper ball joint done I should be good. Then I’m sending Ironman a bill for labor and for an alignment.

Im still just impressed you pressed in and out the LBJ! How much of a struggle was that really? I would love to do it.
I know they are "supposed" to seep, but mine have been seeping since on the truck at 40k.

Im still just impressed you pressed in and out the LBJ! How much of a struggle was that really? I would love to do it.
I know they are "supposed" to seep, but mine have been seeping since on the truck at 40k.
I am fortunate that my Step Dad used to be a mechanic and knows a lot of tricks of the trade. Rented a ball joint press. Used a 1/2 inch impact to get part way there then a breaker bar with a piece of 1”pipe about 4’long and a little hammering. Went in easier than the old one came out.

Are you DIY'ing the ball joints themselves? I might send them an invoice for my own personal labor at $100/hr considering that no one around here will touch my rig. If you do and they approve, let me know! If not I'll be the guinea pig :).
My step Dad is Semi retired and is working on land cruisers and other older vehicles. If they give me a hard time I’ll have him write me up an invoice to send them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom